v5.69.7865 takes all CPU usage [Fixed in v5.70]

Hey there,

I would like to report a bug within ccleaner's latest version (v5.69.7865).

If I keep ccleaner open as I like to do (so I don't forget to do a cleanup as soon as I am finished with browsing), ccleaner takes all the CPU usage making my PC unusable.

I have a desktop and two laptops. It happens in all of them. Two of my machines are powerful to handle a software such as ccleaner. With previous versions, I did not have this issue.

I am using the free version in windows.

• Moderators

Thanks for the report,

This issue has been noted and is already under investigation by the developers.
It has now been reported with both Free and Pro versions.

It is only happening if you keep the CCleaner window open, or open/minimised to the taskbar.

If you close the CCleaner window then the rising CPU issue does not happen.

At the moment, until the developers can track down the problem and fix it, the best advice is not to leave the CCleaner window open or minimised but to close it after use.

Could you maybe help us gather info and tell us if you have "Run CCleaner when the computer starts" ticked, and/or have Smart Cleaning enabled?

PS. Did you know that CCleaner Pro has the option to automatically clean browsers when you close them?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Admin

@Alejo2k: If this is the same issue as reported elsewhere, this should be fixed in CCleaner 5.70.  Could you try updating and see if that solves the problem for you?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes