Version 5.69.7865 (64 bit)

By the way I have run multiple antivirus and malware apps and nothing shows up. It's awful funny that a number of people reported the exact same problems, but it turns out not to be an issue. Instead it gets blamed on customer. This customer does not have malware so I don't know what Dave from CCleaner is talking about. However after being treated like this, this customer will be using a new cleaning app and steering people away from Piriform. Good luck to everyone!

Hi stevecripe57,

I dont know exactly what your problem is, but I do have issues with ccleaner's latest version. My problem is ccleaner takes all the CPU usage making my devices unusable. It slows my PC and sometimes freezes it.

It happens with three different devices, on desktop and two laptops. All under windows with the newer windows 10 2004 version.

I raised the problem now as I had the hope ccleaner would release a new version soon to get it fixed.

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Alejo2k said:

Hi stevecripe57,

I dont know exactly what your problem is, but I do have issues with ccleaner's latest version. My problem is ccleaner takes all the CPU usage making my devices unusable. It slows my PC and sometimes freezes it.

It happens with three different devices, on desktop and two laptops. All under windows with the newer windows 10 2004 version.

I raised the problem now as I had the hope ccleaner would release a new version soon to get it fixed.

See nukecad's reply here

https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/58992-v5697865-takes-all-cpu-usage/?tab=comments#comment-322427

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

My issue was a stated in my original bug report. But Dave from CCleaner does not believe me, says that the problem I had (and numerous other users reported the exact same issue) was malware. Matter of fact, he closed out the thread and said to the forum users not to pay any attention to my complaint, it was malware causing my issue. I have been using CCleaner for as long as it's been around and I know that the download link that came from Piriform was from file puma, I simply followed the instructions in the pop up box from CCleaner and downloaded the new version from file puma. Dave said I never should have download from file puma, always download from Piriform. Hey, I was just following the instructions given to me from CCleaner. But he's blamed everything on me, the customer and banned me from discussing the issue any further. Good enough. I will find another app to use. Too bad that Piriform has an employee like that. Because of how I was treated, they have lost a customer. See my original post for my problem as well as others in the new version download. Good luck.

• Moderators

We now know there is a slowdown issue with the new version - if, and it seems only if, the CCleaner window is left open or minimised.
Close the CCleaner window (after cleaning) and there is no issue.

It's not unusual to ask someone to get their machine checked over if they are seeing/reporting strange behaviour that is affecting all of Windows.
Strange behaviour affecting a whole machine is often/usually a sign of malware, so it needs to be ruled out first.
I did the same with another user having this same slowdown issue and they did, once we had definitely ruled out any malware then we knew it wasn't that and could concentrate on tracking down the problem.

However Dave was talking about the filepuma redirect that you got.

A redirect like that may be a one off hijack and never happen again, (Tech support scammers often use those), or may be something in your browser.
It isn't (normally) a file on your computer at all and an antivirus wouldn't find anything because where it is looking there is nothing to find.
It could be something hiding in your browser or in a browser extension.

If any similar redirect happens again then I'd try a scan with ADWCleaner.
If you are using Chrome (any Chromium based browser) or Firefox then Malwarebytes Browser Guard can help protect against redirects and more.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

nukecad: Thank you for your understanding response and for not demeaning or "blaming" the customer, when all I did was what the instructions told me to do. How was I to know that you weren't having file puma do your downloads now? I have used CCleaner since it came about and always followed the directions given to me by the pop up boxes notifying me of a new version. The "strange behavior" I got did not affect my whole machine. The behavior I described only occurred after I did the download and install as I was directed by the pop up from Piriform on the previous version of CCleaner. Just like always, that's how you notify of updates. And the pop up I got said to click the link. The next thing I knew, I was at file puma site and the download of the new version had started.

I don't appreciate being treated the way I was for reporting a bug that many others were having also. And I don't appreciate the thread being shut down by Dave and he announcing that the user (me) had a malware problem and disregard anything else I had to say.

I'm done with CCleaner. I can't trust it and I certainly can't trust that my concerns, issues or any bug reports in the future will be taken seriously.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, stevecripe57 said:

nukecad: Thank you for your understanding response and for not demeaning or "blaming" the customer, when all I did was what the instructions told me to do. How was I to know that you weren't having file puma do your downloads now? I have used CCleaner since it came about and always followed the directions given to me by the pop up boxes notifying me of a new version. The "strange behavior" I got did not affect my whole machine. The behavior I described only occurred after I did the download and install as I was directed by the pop up from Piriform on the previous version of CCleaner. Just like always, that's how you notify of updates. And the pop up I got said to click the link. The next thing I knew, I was at file puma site and the download of the new version had started.

I don't appreciate being treated the way I was for reporting a bug that many others were having also. And I don't appreciate the thread being shut down by Dave and he announcing that the user (me) had a malware problem and disregard anything else I had to say.

I'm done with CCleaner. I can't trust it and I certainly can't trust that my concerns, issues or any bug reports in the future will be taken seriously.

Well certain people here have taken your concerns seriously Steve.

You are welcome here anytime :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com