Hanging at 93% on health check

PeteT

I have Ccleaner professional and since the latest update, earlier this week, if I perform a health check on my pc it gets to 93% and then just hangs there. It will not complete the scan, even when left for over an hour.What should I do?

• Moderators

At 93% that sounds like Health Check is having a problem connecting to the server to check for any software updates.

Which may be a setting in your firewall or antivirus, or may be a problem at the server end. (There were some server issues earlier this week which have now been sorted).

If it's still happening for you then you could try using Health Check while offline (Flight Mode on a laptop, disconnect from the router on a desktop), or use Custom Clean which doesn't automatically do a software update check.

Another thing to try is to use the Windows built in Disc Cleanup, it takes a lot longer to work than CCleaner but can sometimes clear 'blockages' that CCleaner can't.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043