Jump to content
CCleaner Community Forums

where is the pear? v5.69


Recommended Posts

hi fans,

 

i have downloaded the version 5.69 portable and ... the pear is gone!

where is it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

Good spot.

It's gone from the installed version as well.

image.png

image.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

the green pear like a trademark was and is a identification sign, why abolish?

i hope this free space is not reserved for ... for example an antivirus-sign?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

It's all gone Piriform.

(Piriform = Pear Shaped, an old English expression for 'gone wrong').

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Admin

CCleaner is the product, Piriform is the company - more people know CCleaner, and got a bit confused by the extra corporate logoing, or kept clicking on the pear thinking it would change colours or otherwise do something magical.

We had to reorganise that top bar to make room for some more status information in an upcoming release - so with heavy hearts the corporate vanity logo was the thing to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
On 26/07/2020 at 12:06, Dave CCleaner said:

We had to reorganise that top bar to make room for some more status information in an upcoming release


I hope that's going to be something useful like which AV/version/definition is being used?
Which Windows 10 version (and maybe build) would also be an improvement over just 'Windows 10 64-bit'.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
44 minutes ago, nukecad said:


Which Windows 10 version (and maybe build) would also be an improvement over just 'Windows 10 64-bit'.
 

 

This would be handy.

I'm not a fan of CCleaner querying Windows Security Center regarding AV used , which build etc.

It's supposed to be a junk cleaner not a system interrogator !! Don't give them ideas:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Admin
21 hours ago, hazelnut said:

This would be handy.

But also nope 😛

For paid users it will show their expiry status (so we don't need to pop-up to tell them about it all the time) and a 1-2 click path for expired to easily get back to the free version (vs the current uninstall/reinstall requirement) so they can stop being pestered that they have expired.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
6 minutes ago, Dave CCleaner said:

But also nope 😛

For paid users it will show their expiry status (so we don't need to pop-up to tell them about it all the time) and a 1-2 click path for expired to easily get back to the free version (vs the current uninstall/reinstall requirement) so they can stop being pestered that they have expired.

 

I think we were talking about which Win 10 version and build.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 02/08/2020 at 13:54, Dave CCleaner said:

For paid users it will show their expiry status

 

perhaps there can be a script to display the pear again -> for free users  -no need to show expire date but good to bring back the pear :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...