Install prob with 5.69

Downloaded the new update from ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds

It will only install part way, then shows "hints" which tells me that Ccleaner.exe was skipped but that the installation is still going on.  No notification that the installation has failed or is unable to be completed.....

No matter how long I wait, the installation never finishes and the only way to clear the screen is to force a closing of windows.    I use Malwarebytes Pro and wonder if this might be causing the problem.   

• Moderators

Have you considered trying to turn off the realtime of Malwarebytes before you actually install CCleaner ?

Please let us know if that helps.

Did you already have CCleaner installed before?

Are you installing it from your downloads folder (or desktop) and not directly from the web page?

Are you using Windows 10?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Have had CCleaner installed for years.

Installing from downloads folder, not directly 

Using Windows 7

First time to have had a problem.  I will try shutting off realtime and trying to install it.  And let you know how that worked out.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, notsohandy said:

When I download the update it gives me only Save File or Cancel.   No way to directly install it.

Good. :)

I really don't think it's a good idea to install directly from an online page.

Any luck yet?

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

No.  LOL    I am quite reluctant to disable Real Time Protection - even for a short time - so I will probably continue to use the CCleaner that I have installed and wait until the next update, hoping it will install with no problems.   Thanks for your time and answers.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, notsohandy said:

No.  LOL    I am quite reluctant to disable Real Time Protection - even for a short time - so I will probably continue to use the CCleaner that I have installed and wait until the next update, hoping it will install with no problems.   Thanks for your time and answers.

No problem, I understand.

One other way you could try is to have the CCleaner installer on your machine, turn off the internet on your machine (real time wouldn't work then but you would be safe) and then see if Ccleaner installer would work.

Then turn the internet back on.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

OKAY !!!    Turned off the computer, disconnected internet, turned the computer on, went to documents and installed the new update with absolutely no problem.

Now I am back on the internet and there does not seem to be any problem with any site or anything.    Thanks for your suggestion.   I will try this again next time there is an update, if necessary.

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, notsohandy said:

OKAY !!!    Turned off the computer, disconnected internet, turned the computer on, went to documents and installed the new update with absolutely no problem.

Now I am back on the internet and there does not seem to be any problem with any site or anything.    Thanks for your suggestion.   I will try this again next time there is an update, if necessary.

Good to hear.

Enjoy your weekend :)

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com