Don't ask for upgrade every time I update software or run the product

jckingjk

I like the basic CClearner and am not interested in purchasing any upgrades.  It is very annoying to be asked to buy an upgrade everytime I install an update or run CCleaner.  Have to be careful not to run certain parts (like Healthcheck) in order to avoid being asked.  Would be so much better if you simply asked upfront if I am interested in an upgrade with yes or no answer.  If the answer is no then don't give me any options to run a part of the software that identifies an issue requiring an upgrade to fix.

• Admin

To clarify, is your concern relating to the fact that some features show a little padlock on them?  Or does this relate to the notifications to free users on out-of-date versions that there is a new free update to download for free?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Admin

Note that if you would like to disable the built-in notifications when a new version of CCleaner is released, you can configure this through Options > Updates and uncheck the "Show me notifications for these updates" flag if you don't want to be prompted when a new release comes out. 

However, once you get too far out of date you will get additional warnings anyway (about once a week).  This will generally kick in once you hit 4-8 versions out of date, depending on what compatibility changes were made in those releases.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Moderators

I believe that he is simply refering to the notifications in the Free version (and on the installer page) to upgrade to Pro.

@jckingjk That is the (very small) price you pay for being able to use a working Free version of Pro software.

Any Free version of Pro software, from any company, will give you such notifications when you are using their Free version.

Remember that they don't have to provide a working version that you can use for free, so a little advertising of their Pro version is expected.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Nukecad is right.  I am simply referring to notifications by installer when updating to a later version.  And I think he also makes a good point that it is the price price I pay for being able to use a free version of the software.  I never really thought of it that way.  And it is a valid point.  However, I do think it needs to be a little clearer when you are executing code that identifies "fixes"  that will require an upgrade. It is not intuitively obvious, for example, what Healthcheck is.  It seems to display problems that require the Pro Version to fix.  I would like to know this up front.  Not after the fact as a list of things to fix that require the PRO version.  I do want notifications when the Free version requires an update.  But please be sure it is clear what is for the free version and what is for an upgrade to PRO.

• Moderators

The two features in Health Check that are Pro version only are the counterparts of two tools that can also be seen on the 'Tools' button (When they also need Pro to function fully).

'Speed' is the HC equivalent of the 'Startup' tool.
'Security' is the HC equivalent of the 'Software Updater' tool.

Both tools will work partialy in the free version by analyzing what could be changed/updated, but you need the Pro version to make the changes/updates from within CCleaner itself.
Using the tools from the Tools button will give more information than is displayed by Health Check, so that you can then make the changes/updates yourself outside of CCleaner should you want to.

I think that you may be more comfortable using the Custom Clean rather than Health Check.
Health Check runs those tools every scan, so reminds you everytime if you don't have the Pro version.
Custom Clean does not run those tools so you don't even see them. (You run them seperately from the Tools menu if/when you want to),

Custom Clean also gives you more control of what is cleaned or not by ticking/unticking the boxes.
(Health Check always uses it's own rules and so ignores those ticks/unticks).

To set Custom Clean as the default cleaning method go to Options>settings and change the CCleaner Home Screen.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Happy to help, that's why we are here.

TBH Health Check is (fairly) new, it's meant for less technically minded users who simply want a quick safe clean without having to learn or bother about any settings.
That is why it's the default screen for a new installation of CCleaner, so that it's there 'straight out of the box'.

Obviously because of that lack of being able to change the things that Health Check  does it is more limited than Custom Clean.

Until fairly recently Custom Clean, with the seperate Tools,  was CCleaner.

One recommendation - Stay away from the Registry Cleaner, especially if you have Windows 10.
It's an Advanced tool to help fix computers and should not be run unless absolutely needed, if used on a healthy machine it can stop a computer working properly or working at all.
Here is what Microsoft have to say: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2563254/microsoft-support-policy-for-the-use-of-registry-cleaning-utilities