Do you still get spyware?

rridgely

Do you still get spyware?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still get spyware

• Yes(I use the usual security programs)
    • No I don't get infected anymore

• Moderators

Today I scanned my computer for the first time in about 5 months with all the antimalware programs. I noticed that the only thing that was detected was tracking cookies. Then I got to thinking, "Do the other regular members of the ccleaner forum still get spyware anymore?"

Well people the question is as simple as the title. Do any of the regular members that have all the security programs mentioned here all the time still get infected?

When was the last time you remember getting infected?

Also we all know the programs that we all use (ewido, adaware, spybot, defender, spyware blaster). If you answered no to the poll do you use anything else that you honestly feel helps keep you clean?

If you answered that you still get infected please let us know how you get infected.(downloading, fake email, bad software, ect)

Hi rrigdely,

No infection for ages,not even tracking cookies.

The only app that kicks in at startup is ZAP which is mainly used for program control as I have a hardware firewall.

The spyware function is turned off and Etrust vet is seperate and only run as on demand.

SuperAntispyware is the only AS I use which is on demand also.

My favourite little security app is Sandboxie which kicks in automatically on starting FF.Noscript and adblock plus extensions.

With Sandboxie you can surf anywhere and deliberately get yourself infected.

Empty the sandbox and everthing is gone. :)

• Moderators

What I'm hoping to get out of this thread is a place for people to see that all the stuff we recommend here works. What could be better than 60 personal accounts. :D

For me the last time I got infected it was around december. One of my relatives wanted to use my pc to check their email. They clicked on a fake ebay email and it downloaded a worm(forgot the name) anyway as soon as they clicked it etrust started giving me notifications and cleaned it up right away. I reformated about 2 days after Christmas and I haven't had anything since.(and no one is allowed to use my pc anymore :P )

The only real time program I have on my pc is Etrust. I have a hardware firewall and I check my running processes every time I use my pc. I also make sure spyware blaster is up to date every week or so.

On pcs I clean up I usually set up etrust, defender, and ZA to be running all the time. Then I have everything else installed with directions in a text file.

I've had that sandboxie site bookmarked for a while now. I just never downloaded it. :P

Besides the apps I mentioned in my first post I also use a decent backup system which can save a lot of misery.

Ghost 2003 here and I have several images in a partition,on CD's and a clone on a slave.(I must be paranoid,eh) :rolleyes:

My images are under the 650meg mark so will fit on a single cd.

And they have got me out of trouble a few times when I had been following an XP slimming guide. :)

Nope.. no more spywares :lol: !

I basically use windows default firewall, AVG, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, and Ad-Aware SE Professional. I haven't scanned my computer in months though. And i'm sure i don't have any virus/spywares lol

288olaow8888cq2.jpg

No Infections for since installing Norton Internet Security 2006 and Spywareblaster. I use Adaware SE to check and clear tracking cookies. I also only use IE explorer for browsing

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

You cant be sure, because no anti-spyware product covers all, so maybe you have one that you dont know. :P

I got spyware some month ago, but for the most part of the time I am spyware free. So I guess no, with rare exceptions...

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

You cant be sure, because no anti-spyware product covers all, so maybe you have one that you dont know. :P

Well I don't get any, and I'm sure. About once a month now I scan with a minimum of 8 scanners, including online scanners, just to be sure and I always come up clean. :D:P

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I got spyware some month ago, but for the most part of the time I am spyware free. So I guess no, with rare exceptions...

eldmannen, im obsessive about this, so i scan with about 8-10 scanners every week. i use ccleaner everytime i leave my computer, and i scan with adaware and spybot every single day. i feel pretty confident that im clean. :)

eldmannen, im obsessive about this, so i scan with about 8-10 scanners every week. i use ccleaner everytime i leave my computer, and i scan with adaware and spybot every single day. i feel pretty confident that im clean. :)

Yeah, you're fine. ;) What kind of surfing are you doing that requires that much scanning? :huh: roflmao

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I get no spyware either. I have Hardware Firewall, AVG, Ewido, Spybot, SpywareBlaster, Counter Spy, Windows Defender, Adware Personal, and Site Advisor For Firefox. I get Spyware because I have IE on my computer. I don't do nothing to get it.

IPB Image

• Moderators

I think you're wasting allot of time and stressing your hard disk by doing it that much - just my personal opinion. However to support that much scanning I do understand "obsessive/paranoia" scanning could and may very well be necessary if someone isn't the only user of a system and doesn't trust other users on the PC whom may not exactly have the best healthy computing practices, e.g.; they'll download anything and click anything without ever pre-scanning it with an antivirus nor an antispyware app. It happens to be one of my pet peeves of scanning downloaded files, and files from disks/discs before ever opening them therefore I right click and scan such files in those instances. I just remembered a incident from a year or two ago when a childrens CD video game was stupidly shipped unscanned by the manufacturer with a nasty Win32 worm ready to infect unprotected systems.

I personally only scan for viruses once per week using eTrust EZ Antivirus, and once in a blue moon I'll do a quick 'only infectable files scan' using AVG Free. I only scan with Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D when they're updated, and very rarely with Ewido AntiSpyware.

If you're that paranoid, you might want to switch to another operating system...

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

If you're that paranoid, you might want to switch to another operating system...

LOL!

i still get spyware and i run my programs every week.

i use all programs suggested except for ewido because it costs money to get it. (yeah, think what you must. im skunji)

most of my spyware are Cnsbin.

i use all programs suggested except for ewido because it costs money to get it. (yeah, think what you must. im skunji)

Ewido has a free 30 day trial. After this period it remains free as an on-demand scanner. All you lose by not paying for it is the real-time protection and automatic updates.

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse