learning flash

TheFiresInTheSky

i just started trying to learn flash today.

i have flash 8.

any websites or videos on how to learn flash?

i want to make a website using it.

ive tried downloading swf videos to learn from them but they were protected so any that are simple and arent protected would be helpful too!

No you should not make a website using Flash, it is a bad idea.

You should follow the webstandards and make websites in either HTML 4.01 or in XHTML.

Flash is good for funny animations and such but is bad for complete websites or navigational systems. Flash is a propiertary application and protocol. Not all people have Flash installed, want to have it installed or can have it installed.

Flash websites are hard to navigate, slow to navigate, they cant be bookmarked, they're annoying, you dont know where links point, you cant look things up, etc.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

I made one-

It is attached.

Here is the Object code--

<!-- Created with CoffeeCup Firestarter http://www.coffeecup.com --><OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=4,0,0,0" ID=Untitled WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=200><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="Untitled.swf"><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high><PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=false><EMBED src="Untitled.swf" loop=false quality=high WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=200 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED></OBJECT>

It may or may not work with Flash 8.

It was made with Firestarter.

I had to zip it to attach it.

EDIT-

If you just open it it will loop.

Right click it & uncheck "Loop".

If you put the Object code in an html document (with the .swf file in the same folder) it will display as intended.

Untitled_1_.zip

Untitled_1_.zip

No you should not make a website using Flash, it is a bad idea.

You should follow the webstandards and make websites in either HTML 4.01 or in XHTML.

Flash is good for funny animations and such but is bad for complete websites or navigational systems. Flash is a propiertary application and protocol. Not all people have Flash installed, want to have it installed or can have it installed.

Flash websites are hard to navigate, slow to navigate, they cant be bookmarked, they're annoying, you dont know where links point, you cant look things up, etc.

thats why i would have both versions available to choose from.

medab, thats pretty cool. i cant even figure that part out! how do i load it in so i can edit it?

nice site btw.

That was just a tiny flash I was playing with.

You should open the flash 8 program & see if there is an option to Open an .swf file.

It might have that option.

If so,browse to where you have it stored & choose it.