WINDOWS GENUINE ADVANTAGE VALIDATION TROUBLE

deeno

all right guys!

microsoft suport told me CCleaner is the problem and all i have to do in order to fix it

is reinstall winXP!!! are they nuts?

then i searched the web, and found this forum.

have read all the topics about it, tried all thats been suggested,... still no sucess...

any idea/suggestion?

for example in IE-Options-Programs-Addons there should be the WuWebControlClass i think...

i dont have it... instead there is a MuWebControlClass...? is that correct?

please help!

thanks in advance!!!

deeno

I think there should be two classes;

* MUWebControl Class

* WUWebControl Class

I think one is "Microsoft Update" and the other is "Windows Update".

These are just ActiveX components, if they are removed, then as far as I know, the next time you visit the Windows Update website, it will prompt you to install the Windows Update ActiveX component since it cant find it.

WGA (Windows Genuine Advantage) is junk and loathed by alot of people.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

for example in IE-Options-Programs-Addons there should be the WuWebControlClass i think...

i dont have either of them.

all right guys!

microsoft suport told me CCleaner is the problem and all i have to do in order to fix it

is reinstall winXP!!! are they nuts?

then i searched the web, and found this forum.

have read all the topics about it, tried all thats been suggested,... still no sucess...

any idea/suggestion?

please help!

thanks in advance!!!

deeno

Are you referring to MS Support by phone? Or are you referring to the MS WGA forum? CCleaner does not affect the WGA Tool. Can you be more clear about what the problem is?

If you have a valid copy of Windows, and you are not being validated there are few things that you can do.

1. First read this. Download and run that tool, and save the log somewhere easy, such as your desktop.

2. Next, post the log in the WGA Forums copy/paste it. Would you post the log here as well? I'm curious as to what it says, be sure to delete your Product Key information near the top of the log please.

I am absolutely stunned that MS Support blamed CCleaner, although you haven't said what the problem is so that might clear things up a bit. I would like to add that no CCleaner users have noticed a conflict with the WGA Tool thus far.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

I am absolutely stunned that MS Support blamed CCleaner

I however am not. Don't forget the Hotfix Uninstallers problem that's caught just about all of us out from the beginning when the $hf_mig$ folder was emptied accidently of course. And the more current IE7 Beta and WMP 11 Beta uninstallers being deleted, therefore for MS to blame CCleaner doesn't suprise me - but if they're going to outright claim CCleaner is destroying something that it doesn't or never has then it's a very low blow and a cheap shot.

guys thanx again for tryin to help!!!

> Are you referring to MS Support by phone? yes

> Third-Party Products That Conflict with Windows Update - link broken

please find the end of the log attached

i havent posted it to WGA forums yet...

problem is: error 0x80240020

ServiceID + SID i have xxxxxxx-ed-out (i dont know if this is the product key info you were writin about)

also i've tried the windows checkup list - link ... no luck

(i am using spybot, tried also disabling start-ups, in safemode and not, error 0x8007043C)

hope this is enough info...

WinUpdLog.txt

WinUpdLog.txt