CCleaner crashing Windows 10

Prids

Hi,

I have been using this terrific software since before it was re-named way back when, and love it.  I subscribe to Pro version for my 3 Win 10 machines.

A couple of weeks ago I was entertained to a frequent (several times a day, and on reboots) series of random Win 10 crashes, on one PC only.

I (eventually) reinstalled Win 10 through MS reinstallation media, and as a bonus discovered how to read a Windows MiniDump file.

I was startled to find that the cause of my issue was reported in the MiniDump as CCLeaner (no other reference), so I uninstalled the recent CCLeaner browser.  I also uninstalled every app that I do not typically use very often.

The crashes came back, and I was even more startled to find that the MiniDump reported the culprit as CCLeaner64.exe.

I uninstalled CCLeaner on that machine only, and it has returned to being rock solid.  My other 2 machines have no problems.

This is just for your information, in case of other reports.  I will be trying to re-install in coming days, and will let you know..............

Best,

Paul

• Admin
16 hours ago, Prids said:

The crashes came back, and I was even more startled to find that the MiniDump reported the culprit as CCLeaner64.exe.

@Prids: This looks like an odd one. Which Windows 10 build were you using on the affected machine?  And which which build version on the two that are still ticking along fine?

Are there any other notable differences between your different computers in terms of the other software installed - particularly AV, firewall or any other "always on" system utilities? And are you able to provide an extract of the relevant section of the dump file for us to review please?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/06/2020 at 17:19, Dave CCleaner said:

@Prids: This looks like an odd one. Which Windows 10 build were you using on the affected machine?  And which which build version on the two that are still ticking along fine?

Are there any other notable differences between your different computers in terms of the other software installed - particularly AV, firewall or any other "always on" system utilities? And are you able to provide an extract of the relevant section of the dump file for us to review please?

Thank you for your interest and reply.

On all my machines I just use the default MS security protections.  These have stood me in good stead for many years, and I am very particular about personal security overall.

My setups on each machine are pretty identical.  I do the same stuff on each.

I cannot access my second laptop at the moment, but my main desktop and primary laptop both report version 10.0.19041 - The desktop is Win 10 Pro and the primary laptop is Win10 Home.

I have yet to discover how to print out a report from the dump file.  I am supposed to be a 'geek' but failing!

My desktop having been rock solid since my last message, has now just been re-introduced to CCLeaner.  I will be interested to see what happens.

Thank you for your kind help and assistance.

Cheers,

Paul