Jump to content
CCleaner Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ben123123

CCleaner deleted my photos - how to recover

Recommended Posts

Hey, im using Ccleaner for years and it never happened before.

i cleaned my gacha as usual, and after i cleaned it, i noticed my picture from whatsapp and instagram and some others more were deleted..

not actually deleted, they have a blank square between them, i still see the amount of pictures i had, but i cant see the pictures...

how do i recover them? its really frustrating, all my photos from recent years, all gone... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

i cleaned my gacha as usual,

I'm not sure just what you mean by that? Something to do with videos in Youtube isn't it?

CCleaner would not delete your photos or videos. (Unless you explicitly told it to with an 'Include').

As the links are still showing I suspect that it's the Youtube thumbnails that have gone missing.

The links to the videos themselves should still be there, and should open if you double click on the filename, or the blank square.

Firstly I would try Restarting your computer, (not shutting down and booting again), and then going to Youtube and seeing if the thumbnails are back.

If that doesn't work then try some of the other options here:
https://www.regendus.com/youtube-thumbnails-not-showing/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, nukecad said:

I'm not sure just what you mean by that? Something to do with videos in Youtube isn't it?

CCleaner would not delete your photos or videos. (Unless you explicitly told it to with an 'Include').

As the links are still showing I suspect that it's the Youtube thumbnails that have gone missing.

The links to the videos themselves should still be there, and should open if you double click on the filename, or the blank square.

Firstly I would try Restarting your computer, (not shutting down and booting again), and then going to Youtube and seeing if the thumbnails are back.

If that doesn't work then try some of the other options here:
https://www.regendus.com/youtube-thumbnails-not-showing/

 

it is on my phone.

not youtube ( i dont even understand why youtube has a connection to it ).

all my whatsapp photos, instagram, they got "removed".

as is said, the photos still exist, but its unapproachable, ill upload a picture with my phone here and you will see what i mean.

Edited by ben123123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You hadn't mentioned that it was on a phone and had posted in the general CCleaner (Windows) area.

There are seperate forum areas for Android or Mac.

Is it Android or an iPhone? (I'll move the thread to the correct section).

The basic answer would be the same though, it looks as though your thumbnails have been cleared.

Try this for Android: https://www.recovery-android.com/fix-no-thumbnails-displayed-in-android.html

Try this if it's an iPhone: https://appletoolbox.com/repair-and-rebuild-missing-or-incorrect-thumbnails-in-photos/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, nukecad said:

You hadn't mentioned that it was on a phone and had posted in the general CCleaner (Windows) area.

There are seperate forum areas for Android or Mac.

Is it Android or an iPhone? (I'll move the thread to the correct section).

The basic answer would be the same though, it looks as though your thumbnails have been cleared.

Try this for Android: https://www.recovery-android.com/fix-no-thumbnails-displayed-in-android.html

Try this if it's an iPhone: https://appletoolbox.com/repair-and-rebuild-missing-or-incorrect-thumbnails-in-photos/

 

android - huawei p10.

and oh sorry, didnt thought there is one to computer also ( my bad ).

and thanks, if you can move the thread, i will really be gratefull.

what do you mean thumbnail cleared? and ill try what you gave now, thx :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

noooooo omggggggggggggg.

i turned off the phone, cus it said so there.

now i dont even have the thumbnails, it got removed completely :(

 

edit: i cant even recover it, when it try to recover, it shows me the other stuff i deleted long time ago, not the one that deleted.

its basically all the photos i didnt upload, but people uploaded to me.

Edited by ben123123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that these were photos on your phone (which is why they are not there to be recovered) but rather links to chats/messages.
So because the links were no longer there the thumbnails had gone blank, and restarting the phone removed the blanks.

Did you have 'Chat Backup' enabled in Whatsapp?
If so then you may be able to get them back - if it hasn't made another backup since you deleted them (So if it is enabled you may want to turn it off to prevent that happening).

This article tells you how recover a chat backup, read and understand it all before trying anything,  if you are not sure then ask someone who knows more about Whatsapp on Android to help.
There is also a link there to another article "Here’s How to Recover Deleted Photos from Whatsapp" which many be of help.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/accidentally-deleted-whatsapp-chat-history-heres-get-back/

You may be better asking for help with this on a dedicated Whatsapp for Android forum, such as this one:
https://www.androidpit.com/forum/whatsapp
I don't know it so don't know how good it is, it's just one that came up on a Google search, but it looks popular with a good turnover of questions/answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, nukecad said:

I don't think that these were photos on your phone (which is why they are not there to be recovered) but rather links to chats/messages.
So because the links were no longer there the thumbnails had gone blank, and restarting the phone removed the blanks.

Did you have 'Chat Backup' enabled in Whatsapp?
If so then you may be able to get them back - if it hasn't made another backup since you deleted them (So if it is enabled you may want to turn it off to prevent that happening).

This article tells you how recover a chat backup, read and understand it all before trying anything,  if you are not sure then ask someone who knows more about Whatsapp on Android to help.
There is also a link there to another article "Here’s How to Recover Deleted Photos from Whatsapp" which many be of help.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/accidentally-deleted-whatsapp-chat-history-heres-get-back/

You may be better asking for help with this on a dedicated Whatsapp for Android forum, such as this one:
https://www.androidpit.com/forum/whatsapp
I don't know it so don't know how good it is, it's just one that came up on a Google search, but it looks popular with a good turnover of questions/answers.

about second line, turn what off?

and about the other stuff, i will try now, thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i backed up , it backed only my messages, pictures none of them sadly :(

i dont know what to do about it.. ill try to ask the whatsapp forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ben123123 said:

about second line, turn what off?

Turn off automatic backups, so that your current backup (which may have what you want) doesn't get overwritten by a new backup (which won't).

Hopefully the whatsapp form will be of more help as they will be more familiar with whatsapp itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nukecad said:

Turn off automatic backups, so that your current backup (which may have what you want) doesn't get overwritten by a new backup (which won't).

Hopefully the whatsapp form will be of more help as they will be more familiar with whatsapp itself.

 

thanks :) ill try

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...