Remove all Norton files

Thanks hazelnut. I do already have that link saved ready to go. However, I asked my question because of reviews in a web search indicating that the Norton removal tool is not absolute at times.

Thanks again.

Sounds good and thanks for the help. My problem is that I probably wont be able to recognize any files, should there be any remaining (hidden), that are not clearly marked as Im not very computer savvy.

• Moderators

You could go this route:
1. Download and install either Revo Uninstaller Free, or Geek Uninstaller Free.
2. Download the official Norton Remove tool.
3. Uninstall the Norton product with one of the free uninstaller programs mentioned in step 1. Either one will do and both more-or-less do the exact same thing by removing extra leftovers that the standard uninstaller ignores and leaves behind.
4. Reboot the system even if not asked to do so.
5. Run the official Norton Remove tool.
6. Optional: Manually hunt through the system looking for additional Norton leftovers in Program Files, ProgramData, and AppData folders.
7. Reboot the system again, and you're done.

Well Andavari, Norton Tool Removal didnt want to work. It was giving me an error message after several attempts. I downloaded Revo Uninstaller and its like it forced the Norton Uninstaller to work, and it did...yeah !!!

Anyway, now that its been uninstalled, I still have the Norton password icon next to all my Username/Password fill in spots. Any clue as to what the file description/name might be, or how to further remove it ?

Thanks

Update: As pure luck would have it, I just found my issue I believe. My problem was found in the small icons in the top right corner of my window, and I believe they are called extensions. I removed them but this makes me wonder why they werent removed to begin with and what else might not be removed that I cant see. Ive searched uninstall programs but dont see anything else at this time.

Thanks

Edited by Mudball

• Moderators

If that's in your web browser(s) it might be an add-on/plugin you can uninstall using the web browser(s). Or they may have put it into the registry somewhere. Personally I'd ask on their forum to see if they know exactly where it's located, and how to remove it.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Mudball said:

Update: As pure luck would have it, I just found my issue I believe. My problem was found in the small icons in the top right corner of my window, and I believe they are called extensions. I removed them but this makes me wonder why they werent removed to begin with and what else might not be removed that I cant see.

I don't think many of them remove their browser add-on/extension, at least not the antivirus software I've used over the years. In some the browser add-on/extension uses it's own unique installer/uninstaller as seen in Windows Add/Remove Programs.