Safari issues

sjones0471

Hello All,

I have just purchased Cleaner for Mac and am experiencing issues when I close Safari...

Safari needs to close down an internal process it will restart after.

If I select 'Yes" I'm then presented with CCleanerHelper is trying to install a new helper tool. 

I am then asked to input my system password (Twice). I have found a similar thread to this, but could not find a solution. I also use Chrome, but do not experience the same issues when closing.

Any suggestions?

Steve

• Moderators

The 'Helper tool' is Apple's way of trying to push you to only use apps from their app store, (so they get a cut of any price paid?), it affects most 3rd party software not from the store.

If a 3rd party app needs Administrator access to run then you will see that message, and have to put in your password to confirm that you have admin rights.
It's the equivalent of the 'User Account Control' in Windows (but Windows doesn't ask for a password, you just click a button).
Here's an example from another app (Malwarebytes):
image.png

Unfortunately although CCleaner can be set not to show the UAC in Windows it can't do the same for MAC's Helper Tool, it's a restriction of the MAC OS.

The double password thing with Safari is also a requirement of the Mac OS, since El Capitan, if you want to thoroughly clean Safari then I'm afraid it is what it is.
See this for an explanation from the support team:

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

I don't believe so.

You see a similar warning with some browsers in Windows.
They pre-load processes, or continue running background processes after you have closed the browser.
Which means that to clean them CCleaner has to stop whatever process is running, and it asks you first before stopping them.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043