Browser Plugins Not Showing

• Moderators

Note that 'Plugins' are not the same as 'Extensions' or 'Add-ons'.

I have the same two plugins in Firefox, they are put there by Firefox.

The Extensions/Add-ons that I have added myself are not shown in CCleaner's 'Browser Plugins' section - because they are not plugins.

image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I understand the difference between plugins and extensions, but previous versions of CCleaner show both. It was a nice way to make sure there wasn't anything unwanted installed before running a browser.

Chrome Ext.png

Firefox Ext.png

I've  got the pro version and I'm having the exact same problem with this new upgrade and absolutely want it back like it was with the ability to disable extensions also. If this is a glitch then they need to fix it, if this is a function they decided to remove PUT IT BACK. If I have to uninstall and reinstall the previous version to get it back I will and when it comes time to renew I will think twice about doing it.

I've got one question I'd like answered...Is this a glitch or did you drop the extension function ???

Thank you.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, SumGuy said:

I understand the difference between plugins and extensions, but previous versions of CCleaner show both.

Ah, sorry.

It's not something that I ever really use so I hadn't noticed that it had changed with v5.67.

Thanks for the reports, the staff will probably see it but I'll flag it up to make sure.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043