FlyerEd

I have been using CCleaner & Recuva for many years & CCleaner is fantastic. I do have a problem, or at least a complaint, about Recuva. If I run Recuva in regular mode on my C:\ drive, it will usually return 100 to 2,000 files. I then use a file shredder program to delete them. I can then go to All Files > I'm not sure > Enable Deep Scan, and the return is generally between 250,000 & 350,000. I recover all of them to a USB Flash Drive, and as above, shred them all. I then either select "Delete all checked" or "Delete all highlighted" and receive the warning that they will be forever "unrecoverable". A few hours later after all the above is accomplished, I do another scan like the 2nd mentioned above. I will again get 250,000 to 350,000 results. The site says a "Deep Scan" will only recover files by numbers, but that's not accurate. A significant part of those recovered are listed with full name & date created going all the way back to 2006. I have do this literally dozens & dozens of time with the same results. I'm totally and completely confused by this. My purpose is to make all deleted files "Non-Recoverable", but I simply cannot make that happen. Would you please explain in detail what is going on and why so many files that have been recovered & shredded keep returning on the next scan 'exactly as they appeared on previous scans'? NOTE: I am using Recuva Professional v1.53.1087 (64-bit).