Ccleaner deletes firefox history when box is unchecked

Greetings,

Ccleaner is deleting Firefox history when the "history" box is unchecked. I'm not sure exactly when this started to occur, but it's been pretty recent. I don't know if it started with a Firefox or Ccleaner or Windows update.  I don't see any other settings that can help. Who knows why this just all of a sudden started happening. It never did it before.

My specs:

Ccleaner Free V5.63.7540 64bit
Firefox V76.0.1 64bit
Win 10 Home V1909 64-bit OS

Thanks for any help

• Moderators

Are you using Health Check?

Health Check always uses it's own cleaning rules, it does not read any ticks/unticks that you have made in Custom Clean.

Ticking/unticking things in Custom Clean has no effect whatsoever on what Health Check will clean.

If you want more control of what is cleaned or not by using the ticks/unticks then you have to use Custom Clean.

To make Custom Clean the default method that CCleaner will use go to Options>Settings and change the 'CCleaner Home Screen'.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

On 14/05/2020 at 13:14, nukecad said:

Are you using Health Check?

Health Check always uses it's own cleaning rules, it does not read any ticks/unticks that you have made in Custom Clean.

Ticking/unticking things in Custom Clean has no effect whatsoever on what Health Check will clean.

If you want more control of what is cleaned or not by using the ticks/unticks then you have to use Custom Clean.

To make Custom Clean the default method that CCleaner will use go to Options>Settings and change the 'CCleaner Home Screen'.

nukecad,

I can't find anything in any of the menus called "Health Check", it's the first time I've heard of it. Do you mean "Easy Clean"?

Oh, wait, I just discovered that it's in the latest update, which I just now installed. Did you not see what version Ccleaner I'm running and that maybe you should have also mentioned that it's in the latest update? I read the release article and it doesn't mention your explanation of how the health check works, although it did mention how to use the settings. I don't see anywhere that Health Check overrides Custom settings. Maybe that should be explained in the update.

As a side note, I've read your comments in other posts, and you seem to be condescending and talking down to people who are not program/code savvy, you should think about that. But I do appreciate your response...

• Moderators

Sorry,  you are right that I didn't notice that you were using an older version of CCleaner.
Easy Clean was an earlier version of Health Check, it has now had some more features added and been renamed.

I totally agree that you are right that just how Health Check works, and that it doesn't respect any custom settings, is not very well explained.
We have made suggestions to the Piriform staff about improving that, but in the meantime are doing the best we can to explain it on this user forum.

Again I'm sorry if you feel the tone of my posts is condescending sometimes.
I try to adjust the tone to suit the person who is asking the question, and their level of experience as gleaned from their question. (and any previous posts that they may have made).
Often with a new user it can be difficult to judge their level of knowledge, so I tend to err on the simplistic side when answering.
(I post a lot on a disability forum where some of the members will have mental health issues, which is why I tend to give simpler answers if I am not familiar with the questioner).
I'd rather give too simple an answer than an answer that that the questioner can't understand.

To paraphrase the old saying - You can't please all the people all of the time.

All that being said - Are you still having an issue with the cleaning of Firefox history now that you have updated CCleaner?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043