MPG Recovery

BrazilBill

Accidently deleted a video file with multiple videos. Recuva recognizes the deleted files, says the are still in excellent condition but when I recover them they don't play. They are still the same size (about 4 GB) but I notice that when I cursor over the recovered files it gives me the size but no "length" of the file. This is the deciding factor between those it recovers and those it doesn't even though all say they are still in excellent recoverable condition. I even paid for the service but there was no difference between the paid or free (it did recover some before I paid and was still running it as free). I was wondering if there was a coding problem after recovery but I can find no evidence of such. I am scanning an external hard drive and saving to the computer's main drive although I have also tried saving to other external drives as well. Any ideas?

Same with some music files that were there. It "recovers" them (in name) but although the recovered files take up space, there is nothing there (it lists a file size but does not play). If I switch to "details" mode, it lists the files but no information such as "length, artist, album, etc.". They are recovered, yet not recovered (still listed as excellent recoverable condition).

• Moderators

Assuming that it's NTFS then files 4gb and larger have their cluster addresses and some other fields in the MFT set to zero on deletion by MTFS. The file is effectively unrecoverable. Files less than 4gb can also have cluster addresses set to zero if they are, or were, heavily fragmented.