CCleaner slow to load when blocked

I use CCleaner portable. The new version 5.66+ is way too slowest to load application! I have a SSD installed. The version 5.65# and older was the best and faster launch the application than newest version (5.66+). Please stop adding UNNECESSARY new features! If you want to make and add more features, please make limited features separate. I want a limited features application without internet required and use an ini file on my own.

Also, I added CCleaner in firewall list to block to use the internet because I don't need to see ads and internet features.

Please fix it ASAP.

Thanks for your times!

CCleanerPic.png

Edited by LopezTech20

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to CCleaner slow to load when blocked
10 hours ago, APMichael said:

The problem seems to be caused by CCleaner being blocked by the firewall:

Adding these 2 entries to your HOSTS file will fix the slow startup issue:

0.0.0.0 ncc.avast.com
0.0.0.0 ncc.avast.com.edgesuite.net

• Admin
9 hours ago, Spartan said:

Adding these 2 entries to your HOSTS file will fix the slow startup issue:

0.0.0.0 ncc.avast.com
0.0.0.0 ncc.avast.com.edgesuite.net

While we know that people love to tinker with settings and configurations, please note that blocking bits of CCleaner - either by firewall or by host file entries - may have undesired effects.  Proceed at your own risk.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Moderators

@Dave CCleaner

I think the bottom line is people these days don't want to be tracked. They don't want a piece of software which is supposed to remove junk connecting out to Avast.

It's too much like a neighbour who watches from behind the curtains and notes down everytime you leave the house.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

4 hours ago, hazelnut said:

@Dave CCleaner

I think the bottom line is people these days don't want to be tracked. They don't want a piece of software which is supposed to remove junk connecting out to Avast.

It's too much like a neighbour who watches from behind the curtains and notes down everytime you leave the house.

This.

I have been using CCleaner for years and there is no better alternative. I've tried them all. Some don't clean as well and others have ugly big buttons everywhere to upgrade to their Pro version. Heck I don't mind paying for CCleaner as it's a great tool but not a subscription fee. I already have enough subscriptions, Office 365, Antivirus, VPN, Spotify, etc. If they offered a more expensive lifetime license fee they would get a lot of business.

• Admin
6 hours ago, hazelnut said:

I think the bottom line is people these days don't want to be tracked

... except that we don't.  Tracking and data collection is the "price of free software" for the likes of Facebook and Google, whose core business is selling advertising space in the most sophisticated way possible - "if you're not the customer then you're the product", etc, etc.  At CCleaner, however, our core business is selling our own software.  We've always had a sideline in flogging other things during the installation process - but that has never been sophisticated 😉

Since we're not an advertising company, user data is for us the equivalent of nuclear waste.  We can't use it; under the various privacy laws that we are subject to, if we store it then are legally obliged to spend a lot of time and money to maintain it and look after it forever; and if it leaks into the environment then we are in serious trouble.  The most elegant solution to such a problem to simply not collect it in the first place.

So are you to believe that we give away millions of copies of CCleaner every month solely from a sense of altruism?  Of course not.  To use the current trendy jargon for something that has been around for decades, it's a "Freemium" distribution model (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemium).  While on one hand, only a relatively small percentage of free users will consider the extra benefits of the paid version worth paying for, but on the other we don't have to spend a fortune selling through retail stores or OEM preloads on laptops - where for every $1 spent by the customer, at best 50c (but more usually 15c or less) makes it back to the software developer.

On a related topic, I am now off for a quick walk around my garden to try and get my step count up on the "free-to-play" mobile game Pokemon Go ... while attempting to resist the temptation to shell out another 99c to Niantic for in-game goodies 🙂 

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Moderators

Users will ask why, if as you say, you don't track users, and you don't do data collection, why are there so many calls out to different Avast sites for example ?

Are these really all just about pushing the product?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com