Notepad history

Smark67

Well, if you have notepad pinned to your taskbar, when you have opened however many files, if you right click on the taskbar icon it brings up a list of about 8 of your most recent opened files for you to left click on to open again. However when I run CCleaner they all disappear/are cleared from the memory.

• Moderators

Are you using Health Check or Custom Clean?

I'm not sure if Health Check clears those by default? It may well do.

To stop it try using Custom Clean, and then untick 'Recent Documents' and/or possibly 'Taskbar Jumplists' under 'Windows Expolrer'.

To set Custom Clean as the default method that CCleaner will use then go to Options>Settings and change 'CCleaner Home Screen' to 'Custom Clean.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

I thought it was the Taskbar Jumplists, but couldn't quite remember because I turned those off some time ago in Windows itself.

Just remember that if you are ever tempted to use Health Check again that it will not use those custom settings. (So will clear them again).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043