Emisoft and Malwarebytes issue [FALSE POSITIVE]

prston

Today my two anti-malware software -- Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Malwarebytes Premium -- went berserk over ccupdate5.66.7705.exe.   Emsisoft immediately quarantined that CC Pro file.   Then CC Pro became dysfunctional.   I uninstalled and reinstalled CC Pro, but during installation, Emsisoft attempted to block the installation.

I KNOW CC Pro does not contain Malware.   So, I request Piriform to look into the issue reported herein and attempt to resolve it.   I have used BOTH Emsisoft and CC Pro in the same PCs since 2014 and never had a conflict betwixt them until now.

CC Malware.jpg

• Moderators

It's a False Positive detection of the newly released CCleaner version.

There is nothing for CCleaner to fix.

The few Antivirus Companys that have it wrong need to update their definitions - which is already happening, but taking a bit longer than normal because of Covid; see here:

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, prston said:

Today my two anti-malware software -- Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Malwarebytes Premium -- went berserk over ccupdate5.66.7705.exe.   Emsisoft immediately quarantined that CC Pro file.   Then CC Pro became dysfunctional.   I uninstalled and reinstalled CC Pro, but during installation, Emsisoft attempted to block the installation.

I KNOW CC Pro does not contain Malware.   So, I request Piriform to look into the issue reported herein and attempt to resolve it.   I have used BOTH Emsisoft and CC Pro in the same PCs since 2014 and never had a conflict betwixt them until now.

CC Malware.jpg

I use Emsisoft and know that CCleaner is not usually flagged by them Make sure the detection in the Forensic Logs doesn't have a (B) after it. That means it was BitDefender who flagged it.

Open quarantine, highlight the CCleaner file, and go down to the bottom of the page and select 'False Detection'

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

nukecad -- Thanks for the link to the other posts reporting false positives on the new CC version.  I know the Emsisoft founder Christian Mairoll.  I will forward that link to him.  It is BS that Emsisoft Anti-Malware should suddenly mess with CC.

hazlenut -- Thanks for the good advice.  Regarding the prospect of a flag by BitDefender, I checked the logs.  I didn't see the 'B'.  See image attachment.

Question -- Since ccupdate5.66.7705.exe was located in a temp folder in the CC directory in Program Files, would there be any harm in just deleting it in Emsisoft's Quarantine?  As a temp file, it is unneeded now, yes?

Again, thank you for your advice.

Emi Log 4 CC.jpg

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to Emisoft and Malwarebytes issue [FALSE POSITIVE]
  • Moderators
10 hours ago, prston said:

hazlenut -- Thanks for the good advice.  Regarding the prospect of a flag by BitDefender, I checked the logs.  I didn't see the 'B'.  See image attachment.

Question -- Since ccupdate5.66.7705.exe was located in a temp folder in the CC directory in Program Files, would there be any harm in just deleting it in Emsisoft's Quarantine?  As a temp file, it is unneeded now, yes?

Again, thank you for your advice.

Emi Log 4 CC.jpg

I don't think it is flagged now?

Perhaps just report it here also

https://support.emsisoft.com/forum/58-false-positives/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com