Duplicated Entries in Windows Tab and File List

Stompa

CCleanerDup.thumb.png.836b5e457b200e199f60bace337da917.png

This is a really odd one. I've been using CCleaner for many years, and I've only had this occur since I installed v5.65.7632 (64-bit). The vast majority of the time it seems to work as normal, but very occasionally (it's happened twice now), I get duplicate entries in the WIndows tab, and also in the 'Details of files to be deleted' list. It's pretty obvious from the attached screenshot.

• Moderators

Thanks for the report.

This glitch has been noticed and pointed out to the developers, so you are not the only one to see this.

It started happening in v5.64:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/57030-ccleaner-v5647613-cleaning-duplication-doubling-bug/?tab=comments#comment-315847

I've not noticed it in the Analysis area before, that may be helpful to them in tracking it down, but have occasionally seen it myself on the Windows and Applications tabs.

With it being an intermittent fault it will be harder to track down just which bit of the display programming is causing it.
(It always easier to find a glitch if it's doing something every time, it's the seemingly random ones that are difficult to track down).

It doesn't seem to be affecting the cleaning at all, it's just one of those strange display issues.

(Personally I suspect that it's tied in to another issue that has been noticed where Health Check sometimes reports more junk being cleaned that it found to clean on the analysis. I suspect that's also because it's counting some things twice).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

22 hours ago, nukecad said:

This glitch has been noticed and pointed out to the developers, so you are not the only one to see this.

It started happening in v5.64:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/57030-ccleaner-v5647613-cleaning-duplication-doubling-bug/?tab=comments#comment-315847

Ah, thanks for that. I'd tried searching (for 'duplicate', 'twice' etc.) to see if it had been mentioned before, but I'd failed to try 'duplication' which would have done the trick!

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Stompa said:

Ah, thanks for that. I'd tried searching (for 'duplicate', 'twice' etc.) to see if it had been mentioned before, but I'd failed to try 'duplication' which would have done the trick!

If I'm trying to find anything in particular on forums I just use a search engine which more than often will find it versus the forums built-in search. For instance just searching for CCleaner Dup Bug finds the topic about it on DuckDuckGo. Although since CCleaner has the built in Duplicate Finder that will muddy the search.