can ccleaner delete a permanently deleted file? so the file wont be recovered.

dare

• Moderators

Yes, Tools>Drive Wiper>Wipe free space.

It is meant for use if you are selling/passing on your computer or hard drive, so that the new owner can't recover your deleted files.

That will overwrite all the free space on your disc (where the deleted files used to be) with random data (Xs & 0s or similar) and then remove that random data  again, so there is no chance of a recovery programme getting them back.

One pass is enough, any more is unnecessary overkill - but the option for more passes is there if you are feeling especially paranoid.

It will overwrite all the free space on the disc and so will take time to do that, especially on larger drives.
You should let it complete, if it stopped for any reason then your disc will be left full of random data which you will then have to delete manually. (We've seen that happen with a power failure or laptop battery running out).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

12 hours ago, nukecad said:

Yes, Tools>Drive Wiper>Wipe free space.

It is meant for use if you are selling/passing on your computer or hard drive, so that the new owner can't recover your deleted files.

That will overwrite all the free space on your disc (where the deleted files used to be) with random data (Xs & 0s or similar) and then remove that random data  again, so there is no chance of a recovery programme getting them back.

One pass is enough, any more is unnecessary overkill - but the option for more passes is there if you are feeling especially paranoid.

It will overwrite all the free space on the disc and so will take time to do that, especially on larger drives.
You should let it complete, if it stopped for any reason then your disc will be left full of random data which you will then have to delete manually. (We've seen that happen with a power failure or laptop battery running out).

If i do this, does all my data got wipe out?. because i still use my pc and i only want to delete those permanently deleted data

• Moderators

There are 2 options:

Wipe Free space only.
Wipe entire drive (All data will be erased).

image.png

'Free Space Only' will wipe the free space and leave your (not-deleted) files alone.
'Entire Drive' will do as it says and delete/wipe everything on that drive.

Note that CCleaner will not let you try to wipe the entire drive that has the Windows Operating System on it, (for obvious reasons).
If you select 'Entire Drive' then the drive containing the Windows OS is greyed out and cannot be selected.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

12 hours ago, dare said:

If i do this, does all my data got wipe out?. because i still use my pc and i only want to delete those permanently deleted data

yes you have right. in a matter of fact - this is no option in ccleaner! -> you ask for an option like "file shredding"? (delete one or more file(s) and only wipe this deleted file(s)-data)

with ccleaner you cant delete a file/data permanently!   - only available options are this was nukecad and andavari said.

ccleaner file schredder.jpg

ps: perhaps would this be a nice suggestion from the topic-opener? <- add an option "file shredder" or so

the basic-settings are already exists in ccleaner - i mean

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

perhaps indirectly...

1.) ccleaner -> options -> tick "custom files and folders"

2.) if you use the include-option.  ccleaner -> options -> include -> add your folder/files you want cleaned/deleted

3.) ccleaner -> options -> settings -> secure deletion: tick "secure file deletion (slower)" <-- simpel overwrite (1 pass) should be enough but your choice + tick the subcategories like "wipe cluster tips" if you want

ps: i dont know if this would work in the way i think and describe for your usage! - perhaps one of the mods can this explain better or discard...

ccleaner secure deletion.JPG

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"