Auto extension cancellation doesn't work

Marc R

Hi,

I want to cancel my registration to Ccleaner by the end of the year and the "cancel" button in the subscription manager has just no effect on the "Auto Extension" criteria which remains "Enabled" whatever I do...

Any suggestion please ?

THX

• Admin
On 19/04/2020 at 09:49, Marc R said:

Hi,

I want to cancel my registration to Ccleaner by the end of the year and the "cancel" button in the subscription manager has just no effect on the "Auto Extension" criteria which remains "Enabled" whatever I do...

Any suggestion please ?

THX

@Marc R: I just checked your records and the good news is that your auto-extension was indeed cancelled with Cleverbridge. I can see that Cleverbridge seems to have sent you an email to that effect on the 17th.

image.png

Your concern is completely understandable, however, as on the CCleaner subscription management centre it contradicts this and it does still show as active, even though it is not.  

There does seem to be an issue impacting a number of users where under certain circumstances, the subscription management centre can incorrectly show you as still subscribed, even though you cancelled. The chain of events that can cause this seems to be if you cancel directly with Cleverbridge from link in the the billing reminder email when the connection from Cleverbridge to CCleaner's systems is interrupted at that particular moment.  Then when you check your subscription information from the CCleaner side it doesn't know that you cancelled, and when you click the cancel button it throws a silent error since you already cancelled.  The customer then angrily shouts at our long-suffering customer support team (thanks for skipping that step, by the way 🙂 )

TL;DR version: It's basically a display bug - don't worry it was cancelled

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Thank you for your help !

I must add I was really satisfied of Cleverbridge products, as I subscribed to MalwareByte too, but I need to abandon these products cause I'm moving on Linux.

Good bye !