CCleaner 5.65.7832 64 bit Health Check Page is blank

racydex

Just downloaded the latest CCleaner for my Win 10 ver1909.

Everything is working except for the Health Check screen which is just showing Blank.

image.thumb.png.1d7b2fbc9ba8227b09dc975b74259f35.png

Other pages are fine:

image.thumb.png.63ae4c077a2074c3b082ea9187020385.png

I've checked and updated Intel HD Graphics drivers but no change.

• Moderators

Please don't post the same question twice, once is enough.

We've not seen that particular issue reported before, (either a black or white blank page).

I'll flag it to the staff/developers, but for now if Custom Clean is still working for you the I'd use that.
Most experienced users prefer Custom Clean anyway.

Go to Options>Settings and set CCleaner Home Screen to 'Custom Clean'.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

On 18/04/2020 at 16:53, nukecad said:

Please don't post the same question twice, once is enough.

We've not seen that particular issue reported before, (either a black or white blank page).

I'll flag it to the staff/developers, but for now if Custom Clean is still working for you the I'd use that.
Most experienced users prefer Custom Clean anyway.

Go to Options>Settings and set CCleaner Home Screen to 'Custom Clean'.

Sorry I didn't realise it got posted twice. 

Yes Custom clean works fine. 

Just wanted to figure out why the main screen shows blank. Is there some different graphics usage on the Health screen and other screens?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, racydex said:

Is there some different graphics usage on the Health screen and other screens?

I suspect that there may well be.

A while ago Piriform started using a newer/different graphics technology to display some of the screens in the 'Standard' installer.
Which caused issues for Windows 7 users because Win 7 couldn't process it. Win 7 users now have to use the 'Slim' installer which doesn't show those particular screens.

I suspect that newer technology may have also been used for the Health Check graphics.
And whilst I doubt that is the cause of your particular issue, because you have Win 10, it may be related.

Just to check you aren't running CCleaner in compatibility mode for Win 7 are you?
(Right click on CCleaner.exe and/or CCleaner64.exe, open the properties, and check the compatibility tab).
EDIT - See my next post below.

You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling CCleaner to see if it clears up the graphics issue.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

perhaps should racydex try the portable build or the slim one, if this problem to be there too...

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

As a check here I set my CCleaner.exe and CCleaner64.exe both to Win 7 compatibility mode, and Health Check still ran fine with no problems.

So it would seem that Win 7 compatibility is not the issue.

On 21/04/2020 at 01:05, nukecad said:

As a check here I set my CCleaner.exe and CCleaner64.exe both to Win 7 compatibility mode, and Health Check still ran fine with no problems.

So it would seem that Win 7 compatibility is not the issue.

Yeah it's not set to any compatibility mode. 

Does CCleaner use any HW Acceleration on the Health Check page?

• Moderators
3 hours ago, racydex said:

Does CCleaner use any HW Acceleration on the Health Check page?

Only the developers could answer that, but I don't think you can change the Hardware Acceleration anyway with Intel HD Graphics. (I can't find the option in mine).

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling CCleaner yet?
Try using the 'Slim' installer, trium gave the link above.

• Moderators

As yours seem to still be the only report of this then I suspect that it something particular to the graphics setup on your machine.

I note that Intel released a driver update for HD Graphics 4600 last month.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29474/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-

You may want to check your driver version and maybe update, or if already updated roll back to the previous version to see if that solves the issue?

Yesterday I realised that even Malwarebytes has the same issue of blank screen. Their support gave me a batch file to disable hardware acceleration in MW and that solved the problem. 

So I'm hoping CCleaner devs could also give me something like that. 

• Moderators

Was that Malwarebytes support, or on the forum?

There is actually an option to turn off HA in MB setttings (if HA is turned on) so I'm not sure why they would give you a seperate batch file?
It it was just turning it off for MB then I assume they would have pointed you to the setting. (EDit - See below, they give it out if you can't see the setting).
image.png

I'm a member at the Malwarebytes forum so I'll have a look if I can find a copy of the batch on there.

EDIT- I found it  "disable_hwacc.bat".
Looking at the code that is specific to Malwarebytes, and simply turns off that setting.
They give it out when the display is screwed up so you can't get to or see the setting to turn it off.

You couldn't use a similar batch for CCleaner,  as there is no HA setting to change.

@racydex

only into the blue -> have you tryed to RESTART (not shutdown) with your w10?

from hazelnut in the past i became the info that since w8 there is an "softstart" enabled per default in windows.

from time to time there are funny effects and an RESTART can help -> the one or another settings can be changed with an restart was not work with an softstart (shutdown). perhaps the problem go from itself away :-)  this is only a little wish

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

my laptop has also an intel i5 mobile-cpu with integreted graphic (intel hd graphics 4000) and w8.1 64 bit

as nukecad meant perhaps an problem with graphic driver or w10?

• Admin
12 hours ago, racydex said:

Slim installer not yet tried. But I'm sure it does the same thing. 

It would do the same thing. The slim installer was created to resolve false positive issues associated with the full installer offering the Chrome toolbar (which was removed back in version 5.58 in June of last year) as part of the installation process.  It remains as a service to the visually impaired - but makes no different to the version of CCleaner that is installed.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

14 hours ago, trium said:

@racydex

only into the blue -> have you tryed to RESTART (not shutdown) with your w10?

from hazelnut in the past i became the info that since w8 there is an "softstart" enabled per default in windows.

from time to time there are funny effects and an RESTART can help -> the one or another settings can be changed with an restart was not work with an softstart (shutdown). perhaps the problem go from itself away 🙂 this is only a little wish

I've restarted multiple times. Issue doesn't change. 

14 hours ago, trium said:

my laptop has also an intel i5 mobile-cpu with integreted graphic (intel hd graphics 4000) and w8.1 64 bit

as nukecad meant perhaps an problem with graphic driver or w10?

I've updated the latest driver thru Lenovo driver update tool. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stephen CCleaner

Hi all, I'd like to clarify some things.

The UI framework technology in the installer is not the same as the app. As an aside, the main CCleaner installer should run correctly on Windows 7 and I see no indication of any widespread malfunction here. To be clear: users on Windows 7 do not need to use the Slim installer. Any specific cases where it doesn't run on Windows 7 are likely due to an edge case bug.

The UI framework used for Health Check (and its forebears, Quick Clean/Easy Clean) is different to the rest of the application. It uses something called 'Sciter', which is essentially a web-driven UI. Therefore, if you have anything blocking script-like functions, this may cause problems in Health Check (Sciter uses something called TIScript, which is based off an early version of Javascript).

Re; Health Check, as nukecad has said, his is the first we've seen of this issue. As much information about your Windows operating system version and your graphics card would be helpful. If possible, you can send a private message here on the boards with your 'dxdiag' file. To generate this, go to Start > Run and type in 'dxdiag' (without quotes), then hit Enter. It will produce a set of information that can be saved.

Guest Stephen CCleaner

The bug with the installer screen not showing correctly is likely to do with some remote content not being retrieved. This could be down to a rule in your firewall, blocking some but not all communications. Please double-check to see if anything from CCleaner or our parent company, Avast, is being blocked.

• Moderators

Thanks for the information about 'Sciter' in Health Check.

With Win 7 installation; we have numerous forum posts from Win 7 users for whom the Standard installer won't work but the Slim will.
If it looks like a duck and quacks ....
(As for the comment about the graphics in the installers, I am going on what has been said previously about the installer graphics by a staff member, maybe even yourself?
I'll see if I can find it again, it's a while ago now, I think it was around v5.40?)

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Stephen CCleaner said:

Please double-check to see if anything from CCleaner or our parent company, Avast, is being blocked.

Blocking via HOSTS file and/or Firewall causes CCleaner v5.66 (the version I tested) to take a very long time to launch, at least 10 seconds.

• Admin
8 hours ago, Stephen CCleaner said:

As an aside, the main CCleaner installer should run correctly on Windows 7 and I see no indication of any widespread malfunction here

... although, if I may add, there were some specific instances of people claiming to have Windows 7 issues which actually turned out to be attempting to install or run CCleaner in Windows XP emulation mode.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes