Router

Mudd

I have a Cable Modem with a Router behind that connected to two PCs. Someone else hooked things up for me and this someone is no longer here.

I want to look into the Router Setting just to see what's there and what it contains. All is working well not but still would like to see.

I find no way to get there. Nothing that I know will get me to where I want to go.

Asking for direction/advice as to how I might do this.

Thanks

Mudd

what brand is your router?

you can try going to My Network Places and seeing if there is anything there, if your router is listed in a folder then terrific..click on that folder. but you will need a Username and Password to view your settings, thats why we need to know what brand your router is.

Lunarsoft.png2vl89qo.gif

Thanks for the reply. I have been all over this thing looking for info. Network Places, Control Panel, everywhere I can think of.

The brand id Zonet. Probably a throw away type. Paid $24.95 for it somewhere and have forgotten where. Had it long time before installing. A friend did that.

No paperwork at all. "I can see on the Router the following: Zonet Cable/DSL broadband Router, Auto-MDIX Switch, NAT SOHO Firewall, model ZSR0104CP, with 4-Port switch." That's all the information I can furnish.

Another friend, guessing, told me to put the gateway number into IE and it would bring it up. That make any sense?

Mudd

ok..type in 192.168.1.1 into your browser and then click Go, that should bring up a page asking for a user name and password which is listed below

ZSR0104CP (Grey color)

User Name: admin

Password: admin

ZSR0104CP-05 (Blue color)

User Name: guest

Password: guest

zonetusa

Lunarsoft.png2vl89qo.gif

ok..type in 192.168.1.1 into your browser and then click Go, that should bring up a page asking for a user name and password which is listed below

ZSR0104CP (Grey color)

User Name: admin

Password: admin

ZSR0104CP-05 (Blue color)

zonetusa

I have the Blue Router. Page won't open see attachment:

Please disregard my reply to your last post. I didn't read it proper and was putting the wrong dns in. Thanks a lot for the information. Would never have made it without your help.

;)

Mudd

EDIT: haha, i didnt realize you got it...disregard this post.

try using this IP: 192.168.10.1

and using this for the username and password if you get that far,

Lunarsoft.png2vl89qo.gif

Not just that. Don't Google search it. Enter it into your address bar. It should read http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.10.1 going by the IPs MP has said. :P

Thanks to both. It's quiet interesting. I'm going to have to do some research to try to find a user manual. According to the data in the Router (see at ch) it appears the Firewall is disabled! Do you read it as such?

I'm really smart! Forgot the atch. It's there not.

Mudd

im not familair with your brand of router, in fact i never heard of it before. if you browse around the link that i provided above you can see if you can download or at least read a user manual for your router.

Lunarsoft.png2vl89qo.gif

Also, if you ever want to set up things for your pc, you can use Port Forward. I already linked directly to your router in the above link too. :P

You folks are really something! Just ask and get a bucket ready because you are going to get it full of information!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks very much to each of you. Most helpful to an old f**t like me. ;)

Mudd