Renaming SMART CLEANING -> Pro Active Cleaning?

trium

hi fans,

in the last few days i was thinking about german translations/corrections etc. of ccleaner... especially the difference between scheduling and smart cleaning and its names and suitable translations.

i dont know if "smart cleaning" should be stay as a own name/proper name?

smart cleaning translated in german is a very strange name:

"Kluge Bereinigung", "Schlaue Bereinigung", "Clevere Bereinigung", "Smarte Bereinigung"... perhaps "Intelligente Bereinigung". but its not a good name/title to choise for a cleaning-option.

smart cleaning is not "smarter" as "scheduling"

-> the big difference i mean is

scheduling = timebased / specific day or week or month cleaning ... (as far as i know and guess with custom clean-settings)

smart cleaning = volume/accumulation of amount junk-files to a specific limit of this and/or notification-option before cleaning -perhaps also with custom clean-settings? or only ticked browsers with browser-settings from custom clean-settings + windows-temp-folder-cleaning + user-profile-temp-cleaning?)

in this context i have a suggetion for another name/title for this cleaning-option in ccleaner. 🙂

Pro Active Cleaning --> how think you about this name? i mean that is a much better name / description and can express / describe the actual function behind it much better.

another example: Pro Active Data Protection or Pro Active Privacy Protection or what can you imagination what is possible in english?

or perhaps a similar name <---- what do you think? (devs, mods, all users of ccleaner...)

ccleaner umbenennen von smart cleaning zu pro acitve.JPG

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

Not sure about ' Pro Active Cleaning' that maybe suggests it's only available in Pro.

It was 'Active Monitoring' (Too Big Brother), now 'Smart Cleaning' (Not great I admit).

My suggestion would be the simple 'Automatic Cleaning'.
(It already has 'Automatic Browser Cleaning').

Or maybe  'Real Time Cleaning' if you want it to sound more techie, (To tie in with 'Real Time Protection' as used by AV's).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

yes, perhaps your words/names/titles too. 🙂

everything is better as "smart cleaning" <--- it says all and nothing about cleaning.

all other terms are fine and desribe the sense behind of the main-buttons like custom clean, health check, registry, options, scheduling, disk analyzer etc.  --- but smart cleaning ... say... i dont know. also in the german translation says nothing specific

i hope that the developers find a new nice title for this cleaning category <- sorry for that work 🙂 i think the devs have enough other work to do instead of names/titles-finding 🙂

but i think its necessary and important for exact terms/names

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

perhaps Proactive privacy

Proactive -> if ticked it runs always in the background

privacy -> cleaning ticked browserdatas (with custom clean settings but i dont know...) eventually with windows-temp and profil-temp folder by reaching the choosed data-limit

• Moderators

I'm partial to "Alerts".

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Nergal said:

I'm partial to "Alerts".

OK for Free, but Pro can smart-clean without any alert.

I realised that my earlier suggestion of 'Automatic Cleaning' could be confused with 'Scheduling', so withdraw it.

I'm sure that most of these suggestions had been considered before deciding on 'Smart Cleaning.
It shows that it's not always that easy to come up with a descriptively correct short name.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043