How to position bookmarks

TwoNZWesties

I am starting using ccleaner-browser and have imported my other browser's bookmarks.
But like with the other browser I would like the bookmarks shown on the screen at the edge of the screen (better if there were an option to show/hide this function).

How do I do this specifically??

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to How to position bookmarks
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I share TwoNZW's concern about how CCleaner handles imported bookmarks.  Just imported bookmarks from two browsers I have used in the past and they show up on the CClearner bookmarks bar as "Firefox Bookmarks" and "Imported" folders.   I would like to have all bookmarks in a single location / folder, preferably a CCleaner folder.

Having read Mike Aurthor's response, I have to ask; What does that even mean?!?

Can anyone provide an answer, or link, to how to re-organize imported bookmarks into a more sensible and convenient means of access?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Edited by JR621

• 2 weeks later...
Guest johnccleaner

Just to clarify, the folder structure you see is 'virtual' - all your bookmarks are stored in a single Bookmarks file within your CCleaner Browser profile, regardless of how they're organized. The folders you see are simply for organizational purposes.

To organize your bookmarks further, click the Menu button near the top-right corner of the window > Bookmarks > "Bookmark manager".

From there, you can use the three dots icon to the right of each bookmark to reorder them by clicking-and-dragging (a single click will open a menu instead), including dragging them into other folders. You can also right-click to the right of them to add a new folder within the current folder if preferred. 

From there, you should be able to organize your bookmarks as desired.

@TwoNZWesties: You can go to Menu > Bookmarks > "Show bookmarks bar" to show the Bookmarks Bar folder's contents in a bar near the top of the window; this bar cannot be moved to other edges of the window, but perhaps that helps.

All of the above should apply, with fairly minimal changes, to any Chromium-based browser such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

@Wattsan: The icons on the CCleaner Browser homepage are not bookmarks per say; however, you use the 'Add Shortcuts' button to add pages you'd like listed there. You can also use the Menu icon (three dots) that appears when you mouse over any Shortcut to delete it if you don't want it to show.