Jump to content
CCleaner Community Forums
Edwin

Recovery after defrag

Recommended Posts

I ran ccleaner, and once that was complete I noticed that I had previously downloaded software in my Download folder.  At that time, I deleted the files, emptied the trash bin, and then ran a Defrag.  Once that was complete, I realized that I shouldn't have deleted the files in  my Download folder.  How can I restore them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You can try recuva, but I wouldn't hold my breath about saving them all.

https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

I've moved this to the recuva board

Edited by Nergal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As this was previously downoaded software then it's probably easier to simply download the ones you want again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/04/2020 at 03:31, nukecad said:

As this was previously downoaded software then it's probably easier to simply download the ones you want again.

These were mostly photos that are no longer available for download.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/04/2020 at 17:45, Nergal said:

You can try recuva, but I wouldn't hold my breath about saving them all.

https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

I've moved this to the recuva board

I have tried RECUVA but it returns files and refers to them as recovered.  However, they can't be opened, used, or viewed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Edwin said:

These were mostly photos that are no longer available for download.

You did say in your original post that it was downloaded software, you didn't mention anything about photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...