Restore after running Health Check

Jenise

I ran health check for the first time and it deleted and changed far more than CC Cleaner every has. It destroyed my board layout in Pinterest and even deleted or lost the links to my secret boards. I'm not sure where this information was stored. This is 100s of hours, years of work. I hesitate to look at my other commonly used internet sites that have my settings or thru my laptop computer for other 'damage'. I figure leaving things as they are might improve my odds of restoring to the 'before Health Check' version. If there is any possible way to restore the changes by Health Check, any suggestions please. I'm far from being an expert user but I can usually hold my own with some technical instructions.

Thanks for your consideration,

Jenise Jackson

• Moderators

Unfortunatly Health Check uses it's own set of cleaning rules (not the ones on the left hand side of CCleaner interface)

I don't know how you could get all the info you have lost back.

I suggest that you change to 'Custom Clean' by opening CCleaner.. Options.. Settings and at the top select Custom Clean instead of Health Check. This then will clean what YOU select.

The mods here have asked Piriform about the lack of info and warnings on what Health Check can do to users machines. But to no avail.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Thank you hazelnut.  Not what I hoped to hear but I thought that would be the answer. I suppose being desperate doesn't change things much. You're right, Piriform does need to warn us and provide more information. I've used CCleaner for more years than I can remember and this time it was very destructive. So much so, I'm not sure I can trust the combination of me and it on the same computer. Thanks for the response and the threads.

• Moderators

It's possibly due to the cookie for the website being deleted. If you log into websites such as Pinterest your settings "may get restored" assuming they keep such user settings on their end to reload them.

• Moderators

You could also try restoring your last Windows restore point, if you have them turned on, no guarantees though.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10

And yes, Health Check needs a clear warning that it will do it's own thing and not use the Custom Clean settings.
Plus a clear way in Health Check itself to change the default cleaning method to Custom without having to go and find it burried in the Options.
(it could at least ask during the install which one you wanted as the default).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043