Software Updater issue

There is a corel product that has taken up permanent residence on the Software Update list and I can't remove it. It's not really an "update" to my existing program but a download for a trial version of their new software. Don't want it, but I can't remove it from the list in CCleaner . . . Ideas?

Did so . . . and eliminated the corel entries in scheduler . . . but the darn thing is still showing up in CCleaner Software Updater . . . By the way, I do have the Corel product in question and don't mind updating the existing version . . . I just don't want or need the trial version of their newest "version" that I will have to pay for . . . 

Edited by Ricktafire

• Moderators

It could be finding something in the registry, but there is something else to try first.

If you go to C:\ccelaner\ you may see 2 .mtl files. (Can't remember the exact names I deleted them).

One is a list of apps that software updater can update, the other is a list of any of those that are on you machine.
You can open these (they open as a browser page) and read them.
CCleaner may be picking up the trial version from there? (I'm not sure but it's worth a try).
I said above what I did with mine, and it hasn't affected CCleaner in the slightest.

If it is a reg entry left over from the uninstall then it will be hard to find/isolate as you have a wanted corel application which will have many reg entries of it's own.
This may be one of the rare occasions where it could be worth running CClearers Registry Cleaner to see if it finds anything 'corel' related that's been orphaned and removing anything 'corel' it finds, after saying yes to backing up the fixes of course.

You could also try using Revo Uninstaller (Pro trial) for the Pro feature 'Forced Uninstall'. (Or buy the Pro if you think you will need the feature again in future).
'Forced Uninstall' lets you use their log database to remove leftovers of stuff you had installed/uninstalled before you even got Revo.
It may be able to differentiate between the trial and the wanted app, depending on their names.
Read the manual page below carefully, and be careful if you do use it.

Here is the manual page for 'Forced Uninstall':
https://www.revouninstaller.com/online-manual/uninstaller/#3.6

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators
On 28/03/2020 at 20:40, nukecad said:

If you go to C:\ccelaner\ you may see 2 .mtl files. (Can't remember the exact names I deleted them).

I managed to get them recreated with a reinstall, and they are .xml files (not .mtl).

outdefinitions.xml contains a list of which apps CCleaner is looking to update (with wildcards).
outinstalledsoftware.xml contains a list of those apps that are installed on your machine.

As said if you right click them and open they will open in a browser window.

I'm not sure exactly why these are created, or if deleting them will cure your issue.
(I know that deleting them doesn't stop the Updater working).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043