Slow Windows Start and Frequent hangs Since Installing Paid Version

I have a fairly strong desktop...I7 with 24G Ram, AMD video card and 2 SSD drives.   I have used the free version of CCleaner for a couple of years and decided that I would contribute to their cause.  After installing and verifying my license, I found that when I start my PC in the AM, I cannot load or do anything on the PC for an extended period of time on the  PC and occasionally windows does not start properly and I have to hold the power button and do a hard restart.  Normally my PC boots and is ready in about 15 seconds, but now it is minutes.  I have never had that problem in the past.  I disabled CCleaner and restarted and the PC booted quickly and had no problems.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior???  Does anyone have a solution for this???  For the time being, I will set CCleaner to NOT start with Windows and then start it manually after I have my apps running.

AzRattler

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, AzRattler said:

I will set CCleaner to NOT start with Windows and then start it manually after I have my apps running.

Just to check, how did you have it set to autostart?  Was it the option "run at start-up".  If yes that setting actually means run cleaning at start-up.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Thanks.... I did not set anything, I just let the installer do its thing....  I have now set it on a schedule to run weekly on Friday afternoon... I unchecked the box to 'Run CCleaner when computer starts??'   I will keep an eye on it and report back....

Thanks