No Icon

Giapet

I updated yesterday and lost my desktop temporarily.It was just words instead of picture and icons. I waited and stared at it. Then it all appeared except for the Mail Icon on the bottom task bar. I rebooted and it still did not appear. I have a tiny white dot when the icon should be.

• Moderators

I've split this into it's own thread as where it was posted was about different issue, and I've moved it to the software sub-forum.

@Giapet It sounds as if you may have a broken/corrupt icon cache.

See this for how to reset/rebuild it: https://www.howtogeek.com/232779/how-to-rebuild-a-broken-icon-cache-in-windows-10/

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thank you!  I usually keep my computer on sleep. Rebooting it didn't bring the icon back. I shut down the computer last night and restarted it this morning. the Mail Icon is back.

But after reading about the problems after this update this all makes me hesitant to do the update on my other computer. That one is only the free version.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased Ccleaner Pro a few days ago and tried unsuccessfully to install it on my HP desktop. My old Ccleaner icon is now just a blank white icon. When I click on it, I get the message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I have rebooted the computer without any results. How do I get the exe file installed?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, F Scott said:

I purchased Ccleaner Pro a few days ago and tried unsuccessfully to install it on my HP desktop. My old Ccleaner icon is now just a blank white icon. When I click on it, I get the message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I have rebooted the computer without any results. How do I get the exe file installed?

Kind of different issue than the original poster, but i'll take a stab at this.  What do you mean unsuccessfully installed?  If you go to c:\program files\ccleaner is there anything in the folder?

Please note this is a user forum mostly, and you have bought a year's worth priority support via support@ccleaner.com which may solve this better than us users.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com