v5.65 german improvements

trium

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, trium said:

i was thinking about "smart cleaning"

what is the difference between smart cleaning and scheduling?

scheduling = timebased automatic-cleaning - with custom clean-settings?

smart cleaning = automatic-cleaning - only data volumes accumulated - without custom clean-settings - only browsers and some other stuff?

but why "smart cleaning"? is there no other title possible? a better one?

by the way -> should "smart cleaning" stay as a own name / a description / a term also in german language?

if not:

english: smart cleaning

german: Kluge Bereinigung or Schlaue Bereinigung or Smarte Bereinigung or Clevere Bereinigung

instead of cleaning at a specific day and/or time (scheduling), it waits for data to accumulate to a set amount and cleans (pro) or notifies you to clean. It then cleans according to custom clean (i'm 99% sure of that) for pro. On pro it can watch for browser close and cleans that browser's check marks.  I believe smart monitoring uses custom clean only (not health check).

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

option "site preferences" -> as far as i can see only showing for firefox cleaning settings

i dont know exactly what is meant with this cleaning-option - i find this from mozilla and perhaps some of this would be cleaned

Browser Privacy
Forms & Passwords, History, Cookies and Site Data, Address Bar and Tracking Protection: This is where you can control settings for the Firefox Tracking Protection and Do Not Track features, manage website cookies, website data storage and cached web content, where you can set how to fill in forms and manage passwords, manage your browsing, download, search and form history and set how the address bar works.

and this from http://www.brightfort.com/sb-link/sitepreferencesfix.html

About Site Preferences

This information applies to Mozilla Firefox, and related browsers (ex. Pale Moon).

The Problem: Mozilla Firefox has an option to clear/remove "Site Preferences". This option conflicts with SpywareBlaster's protection, and may result in SpywareBlaster showing unprotected items.

Background: What Firefox calls "Site Preferences" are actually the exact settings that SpywareBlaster, and even Firefox itself, use to configure per-site restrictions or policies.

They are not: cookies, history, the actual "preferences" or data that a site may have stored about you (ex. your e-mail address, your favorite color), etc.

Some examples of Firefox features that set "Site Preferences":
  • if you allow pop-ups on a banking/ecommerce site
  • if you allow cookies from a forum site

1521600397_ccleanersitepreferencesfiresfoxeinstellungen2.jpg.143a4e9f754171df9a21da4ad0188c0d.jpg

but i think the translation could be changed.

ccleaner -> custom clean -> applications -> firefox:

english: Site Preferences

german old: Seiten Eigenschaften

german new: Seiten-Präferenzen or Seiten-Einstellungen or Seiten-Voreinstellungen or Seiten-Bevorzugungen or Seiten-Vorgabe or ... perhaps the official translator knows a better term

ccleaner site preferences englisch.JPG

ccleaner site preferences deutsch.JPG

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"