Health Check deleted Chrome history when Chrome is unchecked in settings

I ran CCleaner Health Check today for the first time (using the latest version of CCleaner). Under Custom Clean -> Applications, I have all settings for Chrome unchecked, but when the health check ran, it deleted all of my Chrome history, cookies, and open tabs (and possibly more things I didn't notice). I have Chrome sync turned off (for various reasons), and my latest manual backup is old enough to not be relevant any more, so I have to reconstruct my session state manually, which I am not looking forward to. 

Is there a way to recover Chrome's session state from before the cleaning?

Also, it would be great if the Health Check would respect the rest of the CCleaner settings, or at the very least warn users that it is going to clean applications that are deselected in the other settings.

• Moderators

Healthcheck does it's own cleaning.  Custom clean settings are ignored by healthcheck by design.  If you'd like to use custom clean instead go to settings amd change the ccleaner homepage to custom clean.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Just to expand on what Nergal says there:

Health Check has a simplified user interface, and what it cleans follows it's own cleaning rules.

The Ticking/Unticking of things (such as Firefox components) in the Custom Clean area are settings for Custom Clean only.

The Custom Clean Settings are not, and will not, be used by Health Check.
You cannot change the settings that Health Check will use.
Health Check will always use it's own built-in cleaning rules each and every time that you run it.
Look at the Icons -
Custom Clean icon has a little 'settings' cogwheel to show you can change it's settings, - Health Check icon doesn't because you can't change it's settings.

If you want more control of just what is cleaned or not by ticking/unticking the Custom Clean options then you have to use Custom Clean itself to clean.

To change which method CCleaner uses as the default go to Otions>Settings and change the 'CCleaner Home Screen'.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

5 hours ago, nukecad said:

The Custom Clean Settings are not, and will not, be used by Health Check.

That should be made abundantly clear to the end user before any cleaning happens. I never would have used the feature if I knew that was the case.

• Moderators

I don't think that anyone here would disagree with you.

We have made the same point strongly more than once to the Piriform staff, and we will continue to make it.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043