Ccleaner 5.64.7613 locks up on desktop

fima

I had Ccleaner Free 5.59.7230 running on Win 10 Pro PC just fine.  I updated to 5.64.7613 free. The program starts, but the window locks - that is anything you click produces a "ding" sound. Can't move Ccleaner window. Does not do anything. Can only get rid of via task mgr.  Uninstalled. Rebooted. Reinstalled. Same.

Installed older 5.59.7230 which seems to work fine.

Current Win 10 Pro is ver 1909 Build 18363.720

I am having this same issue. I updated tonight and was immediately greeted with complete unusability (not a word, but it gets the point across).  Anything I do just 'dings' at me.

I found another thread where people were having this issue and disabled their Pi-Hole. I tried it and I was able to use CCleaner successfully.

Edited by Cprhd

I had the same problem.  Once I checked the DNS query block log I found three queries that could be related to CCleaner.   It seems the servers CCleaner uses got black listed by various DNS ad blocking lists which gets included on one's pi-hole.

I don't see why CCleaner is requiring to phone home when all it needs to do is clean up temporary files and other junk from my system.  Is there a repository somewhere I can download previous versions of CCleaner that didn't have this issue?

EDIT:  Aside from the license.piriform.com query, whitelisting the general amazon/avast servers is a no-go because it'll allow ads to come through on other services.

Edited by Moonchips

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Moonchips said:

Is there a repository somewhere I can download previous versions of CCleaner that didn't have this issue?

File hippo has older versions on the right side

https://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com