Health Check and SLOWWWW Browser Behaviour

Hi all,

I've updated to the new CCleaner 5.64.**** that has the new "Health Check" feature and what appears to be an expanded "Custom Cleaner" list.

When I select these two features, run them, and then restart my Windows-10 O/S ... all of my browsers slow down. They slow down a LOT!

After many attempts to figure this out, I did discover that this CCleaner is corrupting my local DNS file.  Once I flush that ... and then renew it, the browsers work fine.

I am not sure which does this ... the "Health Check" feature or the "Custom Clean", but there is probably a box that needs to be checked, or unchecked. I can not figure out which one deals with the host. file

Can anyone tell me if I am on the right track, or what a permanent solution might be?

Many, many thanks

jPaul

• Moderators

I'd suggest that you only use the Custom Clean and on the 'Windows' tab under 'System' untick 'DNS cache' so that Custom Clean will leave it alone.

(I'm not sure if Health Check clears the DNS cache or not? But if it does you cannot change the behaviour of Health Check so always only use Custom Clean).

image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043