CCleaner Community Forums

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Gergana said:

Can you make a screenshot of the CCleaner when it is frozen?

Are you an Avast employee?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Gergana CCleaner said:

Yes, I am :) 

Thank you for getting a Pear and your name adjusted to reflect that fact :)

1 hour ago, Gergana CCleaner said:

Can you make a screenshot of the CCleaner when it is frozen?

I think we've got two freezing issues mixed in here.

With some users CCleaner freezes already during the installation.

For other users the CCleaner GUI freezes right after startup. A screenshot won't help much here, because CCleaner is loaded completely, but is not usable. With every click nothing happens, except that a sound is played.

A solution for this problem can be read here:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/56994-update-freezes/?tab=comments#comment-315830
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/56994-update-freezes/?tab=comments#comment-315886
The problem can be easily reproduced. Simply delete the value "DisplayIM" (HKCU) from the registry.

I'll chime in and say I do not have the DisplayIM key in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piriform\CCleaner or Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Piriform\CCleaner

Performing the registry change earlier resolves the problem.

I also believe that a patch (micro update) was pushed out, as I see (Cfg)LastUpdate has incremented 

Edited by AnoneeMouse
14 hours ago, AnoneeMouse said:

I'll chime in and say I do not have the DisplayIM key in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piriform\CCleaner ...

And this is exactly the reason why CCleaner freezes when the HealthCheck is activated. As I explained in my previous posts.

On 03/03/2020 at 21:08, ImnM77O said:

win7 sp1 ultimate x64

updated cc tonight to 5.64.7613 x64

same issue as others with the freezing.  task manager shows 2 processes for ccleaner64.exe. only msg in event log is audit success for ccleaner64.exe regarding the IP's for ccleaner's cloud and a request to DNS server.  i can ping these points that ccleaner64 at times is calling:

199.232.40.64, 199.232.42.109, 77.234.42.94, 199.232.42.202, 151.101.38.202

firewall was turned off on this system and hosts file is empty.  no msg of error or blocking from a/v bitdefender.

confirmed, the reg hack that @hazelnut & @APMichael posted allowed CC to start and run.  next update will "fix" this, i assume?

On 07/03/2020 at 05:18, APMichael said:

And this is exactly the reason why CCleaner freezes when the HealthCheck is activated. As I explained in my previous posts.

Two machines do not have this key. Only ONE machine doesnt load/freezes. 

• 1 month later...

It's now May, I have just updated CCleaner on my windows 7 laptop and had exactly the problem being discussed, frozen when the program starts, with health check option displayed.
Considering the registry fix was identified in March, I fail to understand why this update has neither been updated or withdrawn.
The solution published by AnoneeMouse on the 5th of March worked for me - albeit it took me ages to work out how to edit my registry, not something I am familiar with.
Many thanks to AnoneeMouse.