YouTube & Internet Explorer

Willy2

- People who (regularly) visit the website YouTube with the Internet Explorer (e.g. version 11) browser (like me) will see a banner that says that Youtube is going to end support for Internet Explorer in the ((very) near ??) future. (They didn't mention a date when this support will be ended.) Those people are encourged to upgrade to Edge, Opera, Chrome or Firefox. (Not to other browsers ??).

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

• Moderators

YouTube in the original Edge browser for Win10 was usually the only smooth experience for low-end hardware like entry-level budget laptops since there were fewer issues like dropped frames, even Chrome wasn't as good for it. Don't know what low-end hardware will use with Edge Chromium taking over as the main Win10 browser.

Firefox on YouTube has never been a smooth experience for me even on good hardware, it's always had some slow loading lag (supposedly induced on purpose by Google/YouTube if we are to believe reports), whereas in my preferred SRWare Iron (based on Chromium) it's a complete non-issue other than RAM usage.

- YouTube alway was streaming perfectly in IE 11. Never had any problems. But I don't have an "entry level" laptop. Memory usage was also never a problem because I have still CLEANMEM running.

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

• 2 months later...

i have different browsers installed/portable

one i have iron protable like andavari -> because with german security settings :-)

also palemon portable, firefox installed, in the near future i will install edge-chromium as a replacement for ie11 - have it installed on older w7 -> seems to work fast :-) bad stuff: autoupdate with no possibility in the settings for on or off -> but no problem you know 😉

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Open several dozen tabs if your device supports it, and then open Task Manager in Windows and see how much of your RAM Chrome is consuming. Chrome also has a bug when combined with Windows 10 that doesn't support YouTube HDR video.