CCleaner for New Edge

Tuvok2020

I would like to know when there will be any support added to clean the new chromium edge browser.  I have used CCleaner for years and now it does not support the new edge in Windows 10?  

Will this be added soon as there is no update since October.  Are you working on this?

• Moderators

Yes, Edge Chromium cleaning will be included as standard in the next CCleaner update, v5.64.

We are told they have been doing a lot of 'nuts & bolts'  backround work on all of CCleaners functions, which is why there hasn't been an update for a couple of months.

v5.64 is due late February or early March

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 2 weeks later...

The new version of CCleaner is out. 

I got an email from SoftPedia:

Hello,

This is a quick message to let you know that "CCleaner" has been updated on our website to version "5.64.7613".

A link to the program's page is included below for your convenience:

[Link removed, only get ccleaner from the official company website or file hippo]

Edited by Nergal
ccleaner not officially on softpedia

• Moderators

Why risk downloading from an unofficial 3rd party anything that has not yet been officially released?

Wait for the official release.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Admin
1 hour ago, Racerbob said:

I did not risk anything getting it from Majorgeeks. Those guys are totally reliable. But I do agree that one must be careful. 

That would be a very wise move.  A site that encourages their users to install unreleased software based on information leaked by "cracks" websites may not be providing sound advice.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

14 hours ago, Dave CCleaner said:

That would be a very wise move.  A site that encourages their users to install unreleased software based on information leaked by "cracks" websites may not be providing sound advice.

And Majorgeeks is for sure not that kind of site. They have an impeccable reputation.  

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Racerbob said:

They have an impeccable reputation.  

Offering downloads of software before it is officially released is not reputable behaviour in anybodys book, and it's certainly not 'impeccable'.

(Impeccable - In accordance with the higest standards; faultless).

I agree. Back then to 2006, I was talking to a friend and he told he he always downloads applications from the vendor's official website. 

I told him I am addicted to UI of FileHippo website, and always download apps from there.