Speccy on Startup

DANIELRODRIGO

The way you can do this is to create a new task in Task Scheduler and get it to launch Speccy at start up with highest privileges by using an elevated shortcut.

I won't lie, I've not done this myself and I do not know how Win10's Task Scheduler works but I'd assume they had not messed around with it so much that the same or similar method could not be used for all Windows OS. There's plenty of information out there explaining the methods in fairly simple terms and tools which can make the whole thing easier, allegedly.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-elevated-shortcut-run-programs-bypass-uac

No endorsement intended for anything there, that is just an example of the sort of information easily found with a bit of research.

Getting it to open minimised may be more complicated but I think that when you have created the elevated shortcut and installed it in start up look under its Properties > Shortcut tab > Run conditions.

The default is "Normal Window" but if you open the options you should be able to select "Minimized" or "Maximized".  It might be as simple as that but no guarantees.

• 1 month later...