CCleaner Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dmorrow

Larger Fonts Needed

I've been using Ccleaner for years, and I appreciate the program. 

I would LOVE to have an accessibility feature that allows the user to enlarge fonts. I'm in my 60s. My 22" monitor is about 3 feet from my eyes. I need a customizable larger fonts option.

Thanks!

That link has been there for ages but isn't really ideal for people struggling with small text size in a program.

It's all to do with Windows screwed up scaling which lets be very honest in 2020 is a complete pain in the ass in Windows 10 (wasn't as annoying back in the WinXP era) since programs are all over the place with how they're displayed. Increase the scaling and some programs will be more legible but then some will run off screen like 7-Zip, Samsung Magician, etc., which isn't really ideal since programs that already look ok will also get changed.

It's been a very long time since I've seen a program where you can effectively change the font size inside it and not have to mess around with any Windows scaling or resolution, and most that have had the feature at some point eventually take it away removing it.