Files not showing up in folder after being "recovered"

Nickg

I accidentally deleted a video I needed for work from an SD card. Recuva found the files and recovered them as seen in the first picture. I then picked a folder to import the files into on my computer's hard drive as seen in the second picture. The third photo shows that the file was successfully recovered. I then went to the folder that the file should have been in, and the folder is empty as seen in the final picture. Does anyone know what could be causing this, and how to fix it? Thanks

Recuva 1.png

Recuva 2.jpg

Recuva 3.jpg

Recuva 4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

No. The free and paid for versions have the same recovery capabilities.

I can't help on the disappearing recovered file as I've never experienced it. Recuva seems to have done something, I should look around your pc to see if the file is elsewhere.

Possible your anti-virus is the culprit?

Look for it in your AV's quarantined folder or sandbox. If you have it set to quarantine or even delete suspicious files or it does that by itself without asking then that may be an explanation. Suspicious file can just be ones with suspicious behaviour and a recovered deleted file reappearing again might be enough to trigger a paranoid AV. 

I'd try recovering another a test file and see if that happens again.

• Moderators

Furthermore the folder you're recovering to, Camera Roll, contains sub-folders DCIM and 104_PANA. These seem to have disappearded asfter the recovery. Are you sure the folder you selected and the folder you are looking in is the same place?