Recuva stuck at damage analysis

ErrorSys

I posted this issue on the main forum and figured that was the wrong place to post it, and I dont think I explained the problem correctly. I am trying to recover an accidentally deleted .7z encrypted archive from an SSD. When I go to start the recovery process, I tell it to search for compressed files, and I don't do a deep scan. It breezes through the first stage, but on the second stage it stops at 55% and will not progress any farther. More interesting is that the wait time increases, and as of yesterday, it says an estimated 15 days. I ran Recuva in debug mode and in the log file, this repeats over and over continuously:

[2020-01-01 17:38:33] [WARN ] LibRecuva::Drives::Ssd::IsSSD: Identify device incorrect - all zeros
[2020-01-01 17:38:33] [WARN ] LibRecuva::MountedVolumes::GetVolumeHandle: NtOpenFile() failed for \Device\PartitionWizardDiskAccesser, 
[2020-01-01 17:38:33] [WARN ] LibRecuva::MountedVolumes::GetVolumeHandle: NtOpenFile() failed for \Device\PartitionWizardDiskAccesser, 

Here's what what the window looks like (It's pretty vague on its own):

1822247425_RecuvaStuck.PNG.ae8cebf4e35e2b86cbba6a6601bbf480.PNG

And here's the log file:

Recuva_log[1_53_1087 (64-bit)][01-01-2020_17-36-51.637].txt

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by ErrorSys
Removal of duplicates and linked image

17 minutes ago, Augeas said:

Cancel stage 2. You will still get the results displayed and you can recover anythng found.

I forgot to mention that I did try this as I found that answer on someone else's topic. In my case, the program stopped responding, I let it sit for a few hours and nothing happened. I figured it crashed so I forced the program to close.

Edit 1: I canceled before it reached 55% and It seems to be working now. I am however concerned a little bit as it says the file im looking for is no longer on the disk. It's not overwritten, as I have only performed read operations on the SSD since the time of deletion. I will look further onto my other drives to see if they were relocated for some reason.

Edit 2: I read another topic that mentioned the difference in recycled files, where $R is file data and $I is the filename. The file I found only has the $R and I cannot find a $I. I'm not entirely certain that is is the file because it says its size is close to 10 Gb, where the original file was closer to 1.5 Gb.

Edited by ErrorSys

• Moderators

Ahh, I missed the bit about it being an SSD. Your chances of recovering file data from and SSD are close to zero.

Cancel stage 2 as soon as stage 1 ends.

Forget the $I file, the $R holds the data.

Whatever you've found look at the header data in the Info pane in Advanced mode.It's likley to be all zeroes. It is almost impossible to recover data from a modern SSD.

8 hours ago, Augeas said:

Whatever you've found look at the header data in the Info pane in Advanced mode.It's likley to be all zeroes. It is almost impossible to recover data from a modern SSD.

I assume the file is completely lost because it says the file data cannot be found on the drive. I'll do a deep scan and see if that'll glean any more info.