Ccleaner broke my Chrome

Dan S

Hello, 

I ran CCleaner for the very first time on my computer and now Chrome is completely unresponsive. I can't get into settings or tools or anything in Chrome. If I right click the Chrome shortcut and run the troubleshooter, it will work for that session only. Once closed, Chrome again becomes unresponsive. Anyone have this happen? Can I restore what that CCleaner session did? 

• Moderators

Did you run the registry cleaner?

If you did then it's probably removed something that Chrome needs.

Modern browsers, and Windows 10 itself, change that quickly that registry cleaners can't keep up and shouldn't be used anymore. (Except for advanced jobs like cleaning a computer after it's been virused - and even that is of debatable use).

CCleaners registy cleaner is going to be moved to the advanced tools for that very reason.

If you did use the registry cleaner then you may have to reinstall Chrome to get it working properly.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hello, I did not run the registry cleaner before the problem happened but I did run it AFTER as an attempt to fix it. It did not work. I have deleted Chrome and reinstalled it twice and have rebooted the computer 6 times. Nothing works. This really is a perplexing problem.