Cleaning Hangs on Clipboard

roadrabbit

I am running Windows 10 Pro build 1903 with CCleaner Professional v5.63.7540 (64 bit), installed 4 hours ago. I had been running CCleaner Free Edition until then. I also run AVG Anti-Virus, but use Windows 10 Defender Firewall. Checking the firewall settings under Apps, it allows CCleaner Update full in/out access. No other App appears on the list in relation to CCleaner.

When I ran CCleaner earlier it hung on Clipboard at 33% when I ran the Cleaner after analysis. Checking on Task Manager the System Host Clipboard was running up to 80% CPU usage. The Clipboard had been cleared prior to this, so I assume was empty. Closing CCleaner and restarting it, I then un-ticked Clipboard under CCleaner Settings. The analysis and cleaning proceeded and finished completely very quickly.

On another laptop with the same Windows 10 Professional system, but NOT using Windows Defender Firewall, but the separate McAfee Firewall, CCleaner Professional works fine.

Out of interest (separate query!) - if I run CCleaner again immediately after a successful clean operation, it comes up with a file named Internet Explorer - Temporary Internet Files, and of 5,121 KB and a System File of 1 KB. Where do these files come from when I haven't used Internet Explorer in the meantime?

Many thanks for any help.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, roadrabbit said:

Out of interest (separate query!) - if I run CCleaner again immediately after a successful clean operation, it comes up with a file named Internet Explorer - Temporary Internet Files, and of 5,121 KB and a System File of 1 KB. Where do these files come from when I haven't used Internet Explorer in the meantime?

Windows recreates the index file immediately after ccleaner deletes it. That's the size of the empty index.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I'm not sure about your clipboard issue.
On thought is do you have your clipboard synced by any chance?

As far as the Temporary Internet Files go have a read of 'Secondly' in this post which is an expalantion of why these temporary files reappear after you have just deleted them:

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043