CCleaner Cloud Add Endpoints unavailable

ercadm

Closing in on 2 weeks now, upon signing in for my daily work on client computers-patch management mostly, I get a pop up stating that "current maintenance is working on a bug and that adding new endpoints will not be available".. I thought, ok not a problem.. thinking this was a temporary problem.. like an hour or two and maybe 6... on the 8th day I contacted tech support and received a response within 24 hours stating they were aware of this problem and are currently working on it with no timeframe as to when it might be fixed. I was then asked if I would like to be notified when it was fixed? Well, lets see, I can't do my work on any new endpoints so forget about getting any new business.. yes of course I want to know when it will be fixed. In the same email it also stated that the accounts department would be contacting me with regards to remuneration??

So now going on 2 weeks, I'm left scrambling and searching for a patch management system that is going to be more reliable that won't break the bank on this 1 man fix it show. As it is now they have me by the short ones and my business will suffer if I can't add new endpoints.   I would love to know if this is a global event whereas everyone using ccleaner cloud has the same problem or if it is random. Also, I would love to hear of any alternatives that are available. I'm looking but so far other services either do much more and cost 3 times or more than ccleaner cloud or they do less and still cost more. 

• Admin

Thanks for getting in touch. At the moment this is affecting all customers, not just your account. We kindly ask for your patience on this and will update you on our progress as soon as possible.

Your existing endpoints should be working as normal, but new installers are not able to be generated currently. 

I will make a comment on your support ticket to ensure they reach out to you soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Now at least 2 weeks since this issue occurred and have several machines out there not supported.  Good communication is a fundamental of good business and Piriform are NOT delivering.  No advice at all when I log in as to why it isn't available, what's being done about it, progress and timelines.  Even if the timeline isn't known at least share that with the community of users.....

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Daniel Gonzalez said:

I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations to other software that is directly comparable to Cleaner? After convincing my CFO to allow me to buy 160 licenses, I am being made to look like a fool. I will be demanding a refund and switching to a different piece of software. 

Alernatives are Not something that will be suggested here, this is an official company website.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I allowed them a month and after still being told they have no idea how much longer I requested a full refund. They just wanted confirmation that I had closed my account and they issued a full refund. I spent the month researching and ended up with {edited - Nukecad} as my best choice. Loving it so far as it foes so much more for about the same or less than what I paid for.

EDIT- Alernatives are Not something that will be suggested here, this is an official company website.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/11/2019 at 16:23, ercadm said:

I allowed them a month and after still being told they have no idea how much longer I requested a full refund. They just wanted confirmation that I had closed my account and they issued a full refund. I spent the month researching and ended up with {edited - Nukecad} as my best choice. Loving it so far as it foes so much more for about the same or less than what I paid for.

EDIT- Alernatives are Not something that will be suggested here, this is an official company website.

How about fixing this????  It's been over a month!!!  Please respond with an update.  Thats all I am asking!!

What the hell is going on, Ccleaner? I just purchased 10 more licenses and was unable to add another endpoint?? CLEARLY some major issue has occurred, will you PLEASE tell us paying customers what's going on, and when we can add the endpoints we've PAID FOR??

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought 50 endpoints...

No warning on their site, they still let you sign up and buy endpoints which I did. Yet I can't download an agent... I've emailed their support@ DL multiple times like Laurence mentioned and have not heard anything. I should have known when your repos got compromised and Avast bought you, CCleaner turned to trash...smh

Guest Sandra CCleaner

Hi Nick, we're sorry that you haven't heard from support yet. I have passed on your info to the team and someone will be in touch with you after the Christmas break. Thank you. 

Forget about it Nick. I gave them close to 2 months and instead of putting myself out of business, moved to someone else (can't say who on here because they edit it anyway). They were kind enough to give me a full refund for the year's subscription however.

Guest Sandra CCleaner
17 hours ago, RedBasherOne said:

Lawrence - I haven't heard a word from them.  Do you have an answer why we zero endpoints available when I know have 30 available?

Thanks

Hi, I can see a response was sent out on the 9th December. Please do let us know if you haven't received it and we will re-send it. Thank you 😊.

Guest Sandra CCleaner
17 hours ago, rhs67 said:

Well... i can't get rid of the feeling that this product ist EOL. Some status reports about what is going to the paying customers would be the right thing to "start". Silence is never a good answer...

Ralf

Hi Ralf, we're sorry that sufficient status updates may not have been provided. We are hoping that the essential work on CCleaner Cloud will be completed by the end of January. However, this is only an estimate for the work to ensure full functionality. Please do contact support@ccleaner.com for support in the meantime. Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

It really does look as though CCleaner Cloud is Fubar. What a shame really.

We have been waiting since November 4th for this problem to be resolved. My goodness. But why they are continuing to sell it when it does not work is beyond me. Just for a newbie. The issue is that CCleaner are selling a product which allows you to add computers to "the cloud" and clean them through a control panel. Unfortunately you cannot install the agent on any computers (endpoints) at all and have not been able to since at least November 4th.  It is quite unbelievable but there it is. To this extent CCleaner Cloud is useless and not fit for purpose at all. 

There is not a lot of point "contacting support" as they cannot fix it. You just get the message "We are trying to fix it but do not have a time frame. We are hoping it will be fixed soon.."

Don't get caught like we did. 

Edited by Colin McKenzie

Ya know what is truly bs is that admittedly have a non working product yet they are STILL charging ppl a monthly fee!! How is that right or even ethical or good for business. They were cool until they were taken over by Avast. For yrs I have loved CCleaner products but now, not so much. Not even Speccy can report the right temps of my hardware. Do not trust it if you use it. 

Guest Sandra CCleaner

Hi, we apologize that the necessary CCleaner Cloud maintenance is still ongoing. Please contact our team on support@ccleaner.com to speak to a member of our team. Thank you.

Guest Sandra CCleaner

Hi Jen, we're sorry that our team didn't respond yet. Our office is closed over the weekend, which is why you haven't heard yet. I have asked our team to reach out to you asap. Please do check your spam mailbox for communications from us. Thank you. 

After 3 months of not being able to add over 40 new Windows 10 Endpoints that replaced Windows 7, I want a refund of my remaining 2 years.  I've got 44 paid for licenses that I haven't been able to use.  I've emailed 3 times in 9 days with no response.  REFUND my money and close my account please.

Guest Sandra CCleaner
17 hours ago, tojoyce said:

After 3 months of not being able to add over 40 new Windows 10 Endpoints that replaced Windows 7, I want a refund of my remaining 2 years.  I've got 44 paid for licenses that I haven't been able to use.  I've emailed 3 times in 9 days with no response.  REFUND my money and close my account please.

Hi, we're sorry that our support team has not replied to your email yet. They are experiencing a higher than usual number of support requests, and will be in touch with you asap. I have flagged your comments to the team too. Thank you.