Disappearing icon

alanj

I have ccleaner installed along with the other 3 programs and the icon disappears off of my desktop.  When it does this, I am unable to find any way to open it again. A visit to ccleaner website only tries to sell me new stuff or try the free download.  Where can I go to reinstall the program?

• Moderators

If it's just the CCleaner icon that has dissapeared from the desktop then you can easily put it back.

Open file explorer and go to-  C:\Program Files\CCleaner

In there you will see CCleaner.exe and CCleaner64.exe

Right click on the one for your machine (32-bit or 64-bit) If you are not sure which your machine is then just use CCleaner.exe

In the menu that pops up click on 'Send to' and then on 'Desktop (Create Shortcut)'
That will put a new Icon on the desktop for you.

This shows Windows 10 file explorer but it's similar for all other Windows versions.
(You'll see more files than shown in this screenshot, I've deleted some of the standard files from my machine).

image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

With the newest CCleaner v5.63 some antivirus' were producing a false positive against it and may have deleted or quarantined it, so perhaps the disappearing icon is possibly related, although the disappearing icon is a known reoccurring issue on Win10.

If you ever need to reinstall you can get the installer from:
https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds