Latest Versiom CCleaner "Dangerous"

coover

• Moderators

That's probably because a new version, 5.63, was released earlier today (8 hours ago) and Windows has not yet added the new version to the Smartscreen filters.

It should be fine later today or tomorrow once Microsoft have updated the filters.

I got the same message when installing it earlier today, but just ignored as I knew the probable reason.
PS. Scanning the 3 installers (Standard, Slim, and Portable) with Malwarbytes v4.0.2 reports all 3 to be clean.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thanks, Nuke. Just a few minutes ago, using "Patch My PC", I did install it on one of my laptops (I've got 10 separate computers), which uses the build 18362, not the one that I reported on using build 18999. Patch My PC installed it straight away with no problems. When I reboot the one with 18999 (an insider version), probably tomorrow, I'll use Patch to install it there, as i will with all the other computers. 

Guest Ben CCleaner

@CZ69 this is a false positive, a good indicator of this is that no other AV has picked it up. We have submitted our files to DrWeb for review and this should be removed in 24-48hrs

• Admin

Dr Web has a tendency to false-positive our new releases for the first 24-72 hours after release.  They tend to respond quite promptly though to feedback from us and from their users about corrections though.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes