2 bluescreens in two days

Spysnake

Hi!

I've got problem with my computer. It has shown two bluescreens in two days, first one from fresh boot and after opening Mozilla Firefox, second one during playing Hitman: Blood Money. For some reason, I didn't care a less when the first one appeared - though it was some kind of random error. So I haven't any information on that one. Second showed up just minutes ago, and I took the information from here and will paste it there;

<start>

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

(some text what is recommended actions, etc, such reboot if it's first time)

*** STOP 0x0000004E (0x00000099, 0x0002F76C, 0x00000001, 0x00000000)

<end>

Encountered some system errors too, few explorer.exe shutdowns, one time RCP system shutdown and such. Nothing shows up on general usage, nothing connects internet without my permission... Don't really think it's about viruses or malware. I have Windows XP Home Edition SP2. If any of you helped, I would appreciate it very much.

And I don't really know if it's software or hardware problem, so I decided to put it at "Software" directory as it seems more possible, as my computer isn't even month old.

Thanks for that link. Couldn't find it myself :)

I ran memtest86+, and it got six errors on pass 2 test 5. Guess one of the 512MB RAM chips is broken... Gonna get it to computer shop next monday. Thanks again.

Try switching the RAM sticks. Switch the slots, run memtest again, then take out one, run memtest again, etc. I once had some RAM problems that went away simply by switching RAM sticks. No costly trip to an unhelpful computer store needed.

unrelated, but my comp died after downloading samurize and rebooting-took me all afternoon to get it working. i pulled out everything and put everything back, and it finally worked when i unplugged the power cord and put it back in-go figure.