A question about CCleaner & AVG Plus Firewall

Normandie

I have been using CCleaner for sometime now and love it. I have unchecked AVG because I wasn't sure about what CCleaner is deleting. I have AVG Plus Firewall and I checked the AVG checkbox just to see and it lists almost 30 meg of files. Here are my questions, please don't get upset, I am asking to find out not accuse. I trust CCleaner or I wouldn't be using it. I just like to understand what is being deleted.

1. What are the files that CCleaner is deleting?

2. Is there any chance that AVG will need some of them in the future?

3. I noticed that the email logs are getting really big, are these included in the clean?

4. Anyone have any problems after cleaning AVG?

Thanks in advance & have a good day,

Normandie

1. Open this file:

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\winapp.ini

2. Search for:

Grisoft

It lists everything CC removes from AVG which is already applied updates, logs, and history.

Andavari,

Thanks I will give it a look and see if I can figure it all out. I noticed in some of those direcotires that the files go back as far as March of this year. That is a lot of things that are probably useless at this point.

Thanks again

Normandie

• 3 years later...
1. Open this file:

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\winapp.ini

2. Search for:

Grisoft

It lists everything CC removes from AVG which is already applied updates, logs, and history.

Hello Andavari,

I found this reply of yours when I searched for answers to my very similar question. I seek your help as well, for my similar question............ FYI, I found CCleaner in my programs files but I do not find \winapp.ini Why? and where should I look now to find it?

I used search and also tried Run, with the computer reporting back that it finds no such listing..........?

I am using Windows XP 2003 Home edition

Thanks in advance and I await your reply. :)

Flywelder

10-26-09